Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Trumps 3 choices.

I like that they are all relatively young.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by drcolossus View Post
    How is that bad? Police are public servants who do not receive special rights or privileges. Cameras only help define the truth.
    Do you want our police to work under a veil of secrecy?
    He ruled AGAINST it being a right to record officers.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

As long as they're younger than kagan and sotomayor, and follow the constitution.
    Were they on his "list"?
    Derrion Albert was my Hero.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carnes View Post
    I thought the Judicial Branch was supposed to be a separate, er... "branch" of government.

I'm glad that we didn't lose to the libtards that would have made things far worse. However, I hope that we can MAGA in terms of the vision of the Founders that agreed that an essential component of the government of a free people is that it must have checks and balances in power. Do some research, did George Washington think you should have any influence on who the next supreme court nominee is?

Now, before you get mad at me, I realize that we have to deal with things as they are. Still, I hope we keep the ideal in mind then deciding the course of the future of this nation. We, and the POTUS, have more power than we should. George Washington had more power than he should have had, and was offered more. He chose the hard right over the easy wrong and saw that he was a part of something bigger than himself, and he chose to take the best interests of the nation in mind.

I hope we can make America great in a way that George Washington would approve of.
    Certainly since Roe V Wade, the real power in America for better or worse, lies with the Supreme Court. And if you want to be even more accurate, the entire power of law in this country has for years been in the hands of one man. Anthony Kennedy, as he is normally the critical swing vote in every decision. The only reason the President is too strong is because Congress has relinquished it's authority on so many levels and does not act to reign in POTUS power... Congress needs to get back into the game.

Since there is nothing in the Constitution that requires 9 justices, It might be a better thing to increase the number of Justices to 13 or even 15 in order to dilute the influence and power of any one Justice. But in any case, I like 8 instead of 9 because it makes the SCOTUS less powerful. Congress also has broad authority under the Constitution to reign in the power of the SCOTUS. Again, Congress needs to do their job.
    Last edited by TSimonetti; January 26th, 2017 at 08:56 AM.

Hokkmike Guest

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    Video recording of officers while they are in the performance of their duty is one.
    Hey, the democrats would love that!

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by bigandy1966 View Post
    As long as they're younger than kagan and sotomayor, and follow the constitution.
    Were they on his "list"?
    Why do liberals last so long on the Court?. Brenner was a left wing hack(appointed by a Republican of course) and the longest serving Justice in the modern era. Stevens was there forever and so was Marshall. Ginsburg is as old as dirt, can't even stay awake during testimony, and had a tumor removed from her pancreas years ago, and she's still there.

Republican Presidents need to make a Pledge. No more idiotic liberal SCOTUS picks. Democrats never get it wrong, their picks are always solid liberals, it seems like Republicans roll the dice every time and lose quite often.

because they pick old guys? they need to look for younger true constitutionalist conservatives, not RINO traitors.
    You know dems hane an acronym for it too they call it DINO....
    Derrion Albert was my Hero.

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by TSimonetti View Post
    Certainly since Roe V Wade, the real power in America for better or worse, lies with the Supreme Court. And if you want to be even more accurate, the entire power of law in this country has for years been in the hands of one man. Anthony Kennedy, as he is normally the critical swing vote in every decision. The only reason the President is too strong is because Congress has relinquished it's authority on so many levels and does not act to reign in POTUS power... Congress needs to get back into the game.

Since there is nothing in the Constitution that requires 9 justices, It might be a better thing to increase the number of Justices to 13 or even 15 in order to dilute the influence and power of any one Justice. But in any case, I like 8 instead of 9 because it makes the SCOTUS less powerful. Congress also has broad authority under the Constitution to reign in the power of the SCOTUS. Again, Congress needs to do their job.
    It sounds like we need to pressure the congress, as we should. The House is our part of that branch. We, the people, kinda adopted the Senate because the States were ineffective in protecting their power.

Regardless, we have a huge part to play in this. Again, I hope the best among us are willing to make the necessary effort to shape the coming greatness of America in a way that the Founders would approve of.

I can tell you now, by Trump, America will most certainly be great again. And Trump works for us, those that supported him. It is on us to keep him in line with the vision that the Founders had regarding American greatness.

"Great," is a word/thing that does not exclude terrible. The Left is right to be terrified. We made this happen, and we 'could' abuse it. Today, we have the potential to shit the bed for the whole rest of the world.

I take a deep breath and recall some of my values: Liberty, Justice, Integrity, Honor, and Courage. I make my effort to support the efforts to make liberty and justice available to ALL.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12