Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Wyoming County)

Default Fostech Echo Trigger

No, I do not have one, but that being said I am very much interested in them. I posted earlier about the competitor "the Franklin Armory BFS" which I do have.

Came across a you tube video that I haven't seen before regarding the Fostech that I found very interesting.

According to the YouTuber- he is the original inventor and sold the patent to Fostech. During his video he remarks that he received the very first one shipped dated 12/01/2016.

Hopefully they get their production ramped up to handle demand.

"It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

Default Re: Fostech Echo Trigger

My issue with the Fostech is that it ONLY works with direct gas impingement AR15s. It doesn't work with piston AR15s. It doesn't work with AR10s. It doesn't work with the Sig MPX.

It has to be direct gas impingement and the bolt has to fit inside of the special included bolt carrier group.

And Franklin Armory let it slip at SHOT Show that they were working on a HK-style binary trigger pack for firearms that use a HK trigger pack (like the various Zenith MP5 and HK33 clones) and probably an ACR trigger as well.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Solaran_X View Post
    And Franklin Armory let it slip at SHOT Show that they were working on a HK-style binary trigger pack for firearms that use a HK trigger pack (like the various Zenith MP5 and HK33 clones)
    Now you have my attention. I wonder if it'll be just for the S-E-F style lowers (the most common type), or if they'll have it for the ambi style lowers too... I have an ambi in my MP5 clone, and I think something like this would be really neat.

(Wyoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Solaran_X View Post
    My issue with the Fostech is that it ONLY works with direct gas impingement AR15s. It doesn't work with piston AR15s. It doesn't work with AR10s. It doesn't work with the Sig MPX.

It has to be direct gas impingement and the bolt has to fit inside of the special included bolt carrier group.

And Franklin Armory let it slip at SHOT Show that they were working on a HK-style binary trigger pack for firearms that use a HK trigger pack (like the various Zenith MP5 and HK33 clones) and probably an ACR trigger as well.
    Yes, that bolt carrier thing is something to consider. While I'm not familiar with action types other than AR15's, According to this YouTuber Gent and a few other's that I've seen, the modification to the bolt carrier to ensure reliability is easy to do with a dremel So theoretically I could use it in my SR556 piston
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

Quote Originally Posted by TooBigToFit View Post
    Now you have my attention. I wonder if it'll be just for the S-E-F style lowers (the most common type), or if they'll have it for the ambi style lowers too... I have an ambi in my MP5 clone, and I think something like this would be really neat.
    No idea, but I've been planning on picking up three Zeniths for SBR projects (MP5K with side-folding stock, MP5 with fixed stock and MP5 with collapsible stock). This makes those projects look even more entertaining.