Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: Budget Carry Suggestions

The Taurus PT-111 G2 Pro 9mm is $210 at Tanners in Jamison. They are also having a big sale on Ruger and S&W gun.

My brother has a gen 1 in .45 and it has been reliable and accurate over the last few years. Supposedly the gen 2 has some good upgrades and has been getting good reviews from owners.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by Boo Vuccla View Post
    For a budget, the SCCY CPX-2 9mm.
    Compact size that will fit larger hands due to it's double-stack 10 + 1 rd capacity and pinky finger mag bottoms. USA made! SCCY's lifetime no questions asked warranty on the gun regardless of owner. Laserlite makes a nice trigger-guard laser for it. A lot of nice cheap holsters in Kydex for it as well. Extra mags are available that won't break the bank. The bare gun can be bought new for under $275. Used with accessories much cheaper. The most important thing about my SCCY is............it's reliable. No concerns about it not going bang! This was my budget CCW when I started out everyday carry.
    The biggest con about it is the long trigger pull and some slop. There are a few third party improvements for it online if you can't get over the pull.
    There are much better guns out there but this is a good budget EDC.
    Attachment 92874
    Edit:
    After further research due to no warranty information found on SCCY website, I was incorrect in relaying the information I received from my FFL.

It appears they still offer a transferable lifetime warranty unlike Hi-Point.
    I appoligize for putting SCCY into the same scummy category as Hi-Point.
    Last edited by 39flathead; January 16th, 2017 at 12:26 AM.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by 39flathead View Post
    Just like Hi-point, Sccy no longer offers a lifetime warranty no matter the owner.

http://www.guns.com/2016/03/29/sccy-...ats-as-reason/
    Just to clarify, they no longer offer the "lifetime theft warranty". I think they still offer a lifetime warranty for materials and workmanship.
    The Hostler

(Armstrong County)

Just spend an extra hundred bucks and get yourself a Glock. You are going to be trusting this to protect your life and the lives of your loved ones. Why cheap out? There are endless holster and aftermarket parts. You can usually pick up a decent used one for ~$400 in classifieds.

(Allegheny County)

I would recommend the ruger lc9s either regular or pro. The gun is inexpensive as stated before. It is light and thin so it is very easy to carry comfortably. It has a good set of sights on it. It is easy to shoot and easy to shoot accurately because it has a great trigger. This is the S version with striker I am talking about. The only drawback I can think of is it only comes with one magazine.

(Delaware County)

If you don't mind service sized guns the Ruger p-series can usually be found for as low as $250. They are reliable and accurate enough for self defense. There are many holster options out there. Some models have been out of print for a while but I still see parts are available if repairs are needed.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

(Berks County)

Happy new owner of an M&P Shield 40 here. Can be had for $380-$400. Can't go wrong with the 9mm either.

A Canik will fire every time you pull the trigger but the TP9s are a full size firearm. The new compact SF version would be the one to get.

Quote Originally Posted by Wokpak View Post
    A Canik will fire every time you pull the trigger but the TP9s are a full size firearm. The SFx would be the one to get.
    Until they don't.
    Any production gun that runs off a line is subject to failure or can be a lemon no matter the brand or price.

It seems some owners of the new Elite are having ejection issues with different brands of non +P commercial ammunition. Some of the excuses as to why are amusing with the number 1 being that it's a NATO spec pistol so you need to run only NATO spec ammunition if you want it to run 100%.

Last edited by Hodgie; January 15th, 2017 at 04:40 PM.

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by danhr View Post
    Just spend an extra hundred bucks and get yourself a Glock. You are going to be trusting this to protect your life and the lives of your loved ones. Why cheap out? There are endless holster and aftermarket parts. You can usually pick up a decent used one for ~$400 in classifieds.
    Word.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast