Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Budget Carry Suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by danhr View Post
    Just spend an extra hundred bucks and get yourself a Glock. You are going to be trusting this to protect your life and the lives of your loved ones. Why cheap out? There are endless holster and aftermarket parts. You can usually pick up a decent used one for ~$400 in classifieds.
    ^^^^^^^^^
    THIS
    Forget what the non Glockers say, and get either a 19 if you can carry a double stack or the more concealable 43. Never ever cheap out on something that your life may depend on. That being said, there are loads of them available used for under $400.
    As far as the 9mm goes, its cheap to practice with and decent self defense ammo to carry is more then sufficient to get the job done. I carry Hornady Critical Defense.
    Regarding the Glock trigger, it's fine. If you're carrying one in the pipe, the very last thing you want is too light a pull.

Full disclosure, i also have a Ruger LCP for summer pocket carry, and also use the HCD in it.
    Good luck.
    Last edited by buxbandit; February 18th, 2017 at 01:39 PM.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere. Voltaire

I still alternate my Glock 43 or my Glock 19 for daily ccw,I like the better dependability,accuracy and easy to point of aim on my Glocks ! I like the taurus g2s great deal at $209,PF 9s also but like noted screws lossen up on the extractor,SCCYs I have had a few good looking great fit and finnish,but hell they do have malfunctions and issues just look at their formum ! JMO/MDT

Quote Originally Posted by theduke View Post
    when dry firing, use a snap cap!
    Doesn't matter. It won't hurt your gun. If it did, my guns would have been destroyed years ago.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

(Susquehanna County)

My brother in Law bought a Canik/Century Arms TP9 and he loves it! He has put around 1000 rounds through it with no problems. I have shot it a few times and it is a very nice gun at a reasonable price! I wouldn't mind owning one, but I have a full size and a compact handgun, so I don't need one. For concealment, I would prefer a smaller gun like a M&P Shield. I have one in 9mm and it is a great gun!

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbs4421 View Post
    My brother in Law bought a Canik/Century Arms TP9 and he loves it! He has put around 1000 rounds through it with no problems. I have shot it a few times and it is a very nice gun at a reasonable price! I wouldn't mind owning one, but I have a full size and a compact handgun, so I don't need one. For concealment, I would prefer a smaller gun like a M&P Shield. I have one in 9mm and it is a great gun!
    I was just in my LGS yesterday and a guy there I trust was touting it. Balance and weight felt really good. He was certainly a fan, and he's not a 'pushy' type sales-guy. Would definitely consider. Not in the market right now, and already own a H&K VP9 that's very similar. But was tempted anyway.
    DGAF

(Lackawanna County)

Meant to post this the other day but my phone was acting up on me and lost the message. I traded my "fun" rifle for a hs2000 (aka Springfield xd) and a Savage 111 in 300wm so for now my search for a carry pistol is over. Now I just need to get a proper holster for it but I can't make up my mind between a hybrid IWB or more of a AIWB holster. Prices are about the same and I have no problem carrying at 4 o'clock or S.O.B but appendix might be better for driving and it might not print as much at work

I still like the Canik & CZ and may get 1 or both in the future but right now 1 has to be enough. So far I've had it to the range and it likes FMJ & HP's so that's a good thing. To me at least, it seems that the HP's shoot a little softer, both 115gr. Not sure if it's just a different impulse that's absorbed better or if they really are softer. Next up will be to get a few more mags of the "high capacity" variety, they're still flush fit just 15 rounds instead of 10. If anyone with an XD is wondering, you can put 40 cal mags in the 9mm, just might have to bend the feed lips a little. This info is courtesy of xdman dot com & xdtalk dot com

(Blair County)

If it was my only gun and was going to bet my life on it I would find a used gen 3 G26.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910