Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Getting approved for a CCW permit.

If I just got approved and purchased a handgun, does that mean I will get approved for my CCW?

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Getting approved for a CCW permit.

They have similar disqualifiers. Is there something in your past you are worried about? I believe you can pass a pics check for a purchase and be denied a ltcf, it might be the opposite, but it is a very specific circumstance.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by mpan72 View Post
    I believe you can pass a pics check for a purchase and be denied a ltcf, it might be the opposite, but it is a very specific circumstance.
    Bold is true. I do not have the details. Someone who does will be along presently...

IANAL

(Wayne County)

I got denied originally on character... when I have no prohibiting convictions. It came down to a pissing contest with the sheriff... and he didnt have any reason to deny me so he used character clause. I moved, reapplied, and was approved in ten minutes.

From Allegheny Co. Sheriff - In addition to receiving a "DENIED" status by PICS, your application will NOT be accepted by the Allegheny County Sheriff's Office if you:

1. Have an open case with ANY court (including traffic citations, parking tickets, fish and game, etc)
    2. Have a closed case with ANY court with a remaining case balance. This is to include payment arrangements made with any court. Fines and court costs MUST be paid in FULL before your application will be accepted.
    3. The ACSO will NOT accept applications for Non-PA Resident Licenses.

As the previous post stated I believe you can also be denied on "character" (IE sheriff asks local police chief about you and chief says that you're a trouble maker) depends on the particular sheriff I guess what stipulations they have.

(Wayne County)

They dont need a real excuse to deny on character clause.... it has nothing to do with who they talk to, or what they really know about you.

I made a reference in another thread about banging the sheriffs wife can disqualify you for character, just like driving a Ford can. We can argue the constitutionality of the character clause all day long, but until it is gone, the sheriff can use it all day long to deny.

(Westmoreland County)

The sheriff doesn't know I exist. I was just curious if my pics check goes through, like it just did when I purchased my S&W Shield, if there was any other reason I could be denied. I hate surprises and I was going to greensburg on Monday.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus99 View Post
    From Allegheny Co. Sheriff - In addition to receiving a "DENIED" status by PICS, your application will NOT be accepted by the Allegheny County Sheriff's Office if you:

1. Have an open case with ANY court (including traffic citations, parking tickets, fish and game, etc)
    2. Have a closed case with ANY court with a remaining case balance. This is to include payment arrangements made with any court. Fines and court costs MUST be paid in FULL before your application will be accepted.
    3. The ACSO will NOT accept applications for Non-PA Resident Licenses.

As the previous post stated I believe you can also be denied on "character" (IE sheriff asks local police chief about you and chief says that you're a trouble maker) depends on the particular sheriff I guess what stipulations they have.
    They have to accept your application, then deny the application, THEN give a reason for denying the application, and if you are willing to push it, the sheriff has to explain the denial to a judge.

IANAL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Allegheny County)

Doesn't Westmoreland county have more LTCF issued than anywhere on the planet? Or something close to it?

You should be fine.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Bedford County)

Every time I've bought a gun or applied for a Concealed Carry Permit I am told I have to put up with the "waiting" period.

After the "waiting period" is over I am always able to follow through with the purchase or get the permit.

I asked one time why this always happens and was told someone with the same name as mine comes up as a red flag and there's nothing I can do about it!

It's a royal pain in the butt!!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast