Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Anybody else have elbow pain

I switched hands. Then when I needed glasses I stopped before it was too late.

(Warren County)

Repetitive motion injury.

Expect Ungawa to weigh in directly with lotion and accessory recommendations.

Seriously, put the revolver down and back away.
    Your body is talking to you. LISTEN to it!

Don't mask the pain and keep doing what hurts, that's a great way to inflict permanent damage.

Oohrah Football coaches and DIs grunting on about "Pain is weakness leaving the body" are not talking about RMI. If they are, they actually do not have your best interests at heart.
    American by BIRTH, Infidel by CHOICE

Computer all day

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    I used to get it. Then I figured out it was happening when I shot a great group and patted myself on the back.
    That a good one! I can take 20 rounds with my 500 and at 14 yards using the small yellow and black splatter silhouette target, put five shot left of the head, five right of the head, five center mass and five in the head. Maybe patting myself on the back is the root cause! LOL

Edit: I hope that adds up to 20!
    Last edited by bwdavis59; January 12th, 2017 at 05:53 PM. Reason: math check

(Luzerne County)

I was just to the orthopedist a few weeks ago because my elbow to fingers will go pins and needles. He told me that shooting up the elbow in now frowned upon. He said just stretch your arm out and rotate the wrist.

Of course last year they did carpal surgery for the same symptoms.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

Quote Originally Posted by markshere2 View Post
    Repetitive motion injury.

Expect Ungawa to weigh in directly with lotion and accessory recommendations.

Seriously, put the revolver down and back away.
    Your body is talking to you. LISTEN to it!

Don't mask the pain and keep doing what hurts, that's a great way to inflict permanent damage.

Oohrah Football coaches and DIs grunting on about "Pain is weakness leaving the body" are not talking about RMI. If they are, they actually do not have your best interests at heart.
    Yeah, that's pretty much my plan. I guess I should have known it was punishing something, since after every 20-30 rounds I have to stop and tighten all the screws in the gun. I realized this one day when I was cleaning it one time and the cylinder came off in my hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    I switched hands. Then when I needed glasses I stopped before it was too late.
    I can shoot left, but my right eye is worse than my left, so I can't really see very well when I shoot left. Anything smaller than a basketball and over 20 feet away is safe if I'm shooting left.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Classic Tennis Elbow. You've over worked the muscles that control your fingers/grip and in turn damaged/inflamed the tendons that connect the muscles to the elbow. It's a bitch! All you can do is take anti-inflammatory/pain medication and try not to continually aggravate it, which is hard to do. It takes a very long time ( a year or so) for the tendons to recover due to the low blood flow in tendons. I'm on the fence to the effectiveness of the "brace or strap" that wraps around your forearm. Good luck!
    I've had it for a little over a year now. I stopped playing tennis to help it heal.

Attachment 92784
    Ive contemplated cutting my arms off (no shit). I remember sitting at a traffic light in tears (last year) I was going to grab
    a knife from my console and just cut away. I just gave up and lived with it. Its a bitch laying block and finishing concrete,
    but what else can you do. Like you said, the only thing you can do is nothing.

(Bucks County)

The band helped me a few years back. Worth a try.

(Indiana County)

I've had the same type of symptoms.
    Went to doc, mine was not tennis elbow.
    She recommended stretching exercises.
    While at the chiropractor she noticed me stretching my arm.
    She gave me other stretches to perform and used a sort of curved scraper to literally black and blue my forearm muscles.
    It hurt like hell the next day but the actual pain was gone, just like that.
    The bruising causes the muscle to heal quicker or something.
    About four of those scrapes and I'm 90% pain free most days now as long as I do the stretches.

The stretches are arm straight out finger tips up (like telling someone to stop) for 30-60 seconds, finger tips down for 30-60 (like a fairy) and then make a fist and turn it down for 30-60.
    Three times a day.

I drive truck and it's constant shifting combined with splitting gears/hi-low side with my fingers and thumb.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast