Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default In a kid's world.

I just got a letter, actually a PowerPoint from my sister in Quebec and it kind of disturbed me a little. Mind you I haven’t seen my child in 6 years. The breakup between her mom any I was pretty rough. But I thought I would pass along the basic Idea of the PowerPoint to you.

When a father comes home late one night, his 5 year old child is waiting on the front stairs..
    He asks “daddy, how much money do you make in an Hour”
    The father a little irritated says “I don’t think this is anything you should concern yourself with...” The Child persists, “But Daddy, I need to know!” Now the father is infuriated at the barrage from his son and sends him off to bed with out a hug or any comfort. He has had a hard day at work and feels he does not need this added aggravation.

A few minutes later, the father realizes he once had a question that remained unanswered from his father now deceased.. He felt a pang of guilt, so he quietly walks up to his Sons room and asks “Are you awake?” The son replies “Yes Daddy I am”
    The father says I was a bit abrupt earlier, I suppose it wouldn’t hurt if you knew I make $15.00 per hour… The son quickly calculates and says “Dad Could I borrow $4.00?” The father says Why do you need $4.00 Son... Then quickly regrets even asking, probably his Son wants to buy him or his Mother a gift.. He reaches in his pocket and takes out $5.00 and hands it to his son…

The son quickly runs over to a closet where he pulls out a shoe box and from that pulls out $11.00 and counts out the money to his father. The father intrigued says “Son if you had $11.00 why did you need more?”
    The Son says “I needed $15.00 to give you to pay you for an hour of your time, Could you please come home early tomorrow so I could eat supper with your?”
    This may seem silly in our “Adult” heads, but if you have kids, think about it. Our kids are crying out to us for attention. I remember when I was about 25 or so, my niece pulled her hand out of her pocket at my birthday and in her tiny hand, she held a quarter, a dime a nickel and two pennies.. She said I love you Uncle Bob, and kissed me. At that very moment, I realized how much money she had given me. No not 42 cents, but every thing she owned. Could have been a million it would not have changed the moment.
    Our Kids and the Kids around us look up to us. Make sure you make time for them and let them know you are there when they need you.
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: In a kid's world.

"Shut up Billy!, Go play PlayStation!!"

Sweet post Frenchy.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: In a kid's world.

Frenchy,

Thanks.
    Sappy but true.

I have no children, but this post reminded me that I need to spend some time with my wife this evening.

This "leaking roof" has taken up much of my time lately while my wife sits alone watching TV. After I look it over for a few minutes, it'll have to wait till tomorrow. Not much I can do but watch it drip anyway.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!