Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: M&P M 2.0

Default Re: M&P M 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch10mm View Post
    Sounds like me. I was never a S&W guy. They're really talking up the trigger and I'm curious about the ergonomics
    The V1.0 mps felt fine to me, controls where they were supposed to be. Doesn't look like the V2.0 is a lot different ergo wise. See if you can find one in a shop to play with. I would think The Sportsman's Shop will get one in eventually, if they already don't have one.

I got one of the Ghost ranger 4.5lb (they market it for self defense) connecters for my one Glock to try. Took out some of the mush and lightened it a tad. Still don't feel sub 5lbs to me but I carry this one sometimes so don't want it too light. It did the job and thus far has been reliable. Not as nice as the Apex trigger in the M&Ps but the connecter costs me $18 vs $100+.
    Last edited by dkf; January 7th, 2017 at 02:57 PM.

(Lancaster County)

Yeah I'm going to the Sportsmans Shop early next week and hopefully they'll have one. If they do I'll probably put it on layaway. Only way for me to buy stuff for myself these days is to commit to it in such a way. I don't know how many times I've walked around with something to buy only to put it back on the shelf after talking myself out of it lol

The claim is the trigger is sweet according to Julie golob
    She works for/is sponsored by S&W though. What else would she say?
    The USA is now a banana republic. Only without the bananas....or the Republic.

(Lancaster County)

Yeah I understand that. A bunch of other reviews said it is good too. But they work for gun magazines and want people to buy guns so I expect them to say it's awesome too. Most guns are pieces of shit and not worth the money unless you get lucky and stumble upon a reliable one.

(Tioga County)

Quote Originally Posted by FLICK View Post
    And those people are geniuses!!!! It couldn't be "that way" because the trigger would be way too light. Lawyers, Bro. My *opinion* is that the ergos are great on the M&p line but the trigger sucks (but is adequate for the intended role). The Apex FSS and flat trigger address these issues. If you don't like it....I get it. Not sure why you have so much hate for something you probably haven't shot (the 2.0) and something that is clearly a step in the right direction.....
    Yes, it's a cop gun with a cop trigger. The trigger wants to let you know, yes you are pulling the trigger and I'll say when you can pull it again and you aint pullin it again until your finger is all the way back out there.

No I have not shot the 2.0, but manufacturers always spin this stuff as the most incredibly groundbreaking, game changing, earth moving development ever seen. Especially around SHOT show time. I remember the Remington R51 hype people were pushing on this forum a few years ago and I called em out on it and I was dead on right. Damn thing got recalled and had to be redesigned.

No I don't think the ergos are that great either with the shiitty safety that can be moved practically by breathing on it. I can see people in stress situations going to themselves is it on, is it off, is it on, is it off?

(Tioga County)

You should have heard the shit I used to talk about Glock years before I bought one ! Lol I owned Smiths and Rugers but the only true handgun was a 1911 in my opinion. The others were for fun. And Glock was just a gimmick.

Now I appreciate the utilitarianism of the Glock. It just works as it was intended. I love it.

I was 19 or 20 the first time I saw an ad for the Colt Delta Elite (which I carried for nearly 10 years). You know what caught my eye? The stupid red triangle over black on the grips. I thought that was so cool.
    Yes, utility, Glock, they go together. Glocks are very simple straightforward pistols that are easy to understand and deal with and of course have a huge aftermarket. They work, but I feel they are missing that something extra and I sense other manufacturers are finally getting it together to try to knock them off their perch. The striker fired pistol market is getting flooded right now with competition. Some are going to win and some will lose big.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
    Well you thought wrong and haven't read my posts enough to make a correct assumption.
    Smith M&Ps are SHTF pistols... nothing more, nothing less. I can bury my M&P9, dig it up six months hence, pull the trigger and it will go bang, EVERY time, (i.e., reliability). Do they "suck" for marksmanship competitions? Sure, but that's not what they're designed for.

(Lancaster County)

Shit. Colt is releasing a Delta Elite rail gun. 2017 is going to end with me penniless but well armed

Just heard from regular old non paid gun people that the "new" triggers are not much better then the 1st gen pistols. They did like some of the other changes like the grip texturing, slimmed down slide and the reinforced frame. From what I see they are also offered with or without a manual safety. I do think they all have a useless and intrusive LCI like some of the Ruger semi autos use on top of the slide.
    Last edited by Hodgie; January 8th, 2017 at 03:13 AM.

(Lancaster County)

Yawn

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast