Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: el veredicto

(Monroe County)

Thumbs up el veredicto

My latest project is done. This one got a name. The guy wanted something one of a kind.
    So it's a 686 no tac that had a reg houge grip and kind of dingy and scratched.

1st pass with Fritz and Dremal.

I went over several times got it nice and shiney

He wanted one of a kind grips- So I got some direct from Thailand

For some reason he wanted it scoped, but being it was a first run I had to do the machine work.

So did I say I'm not a gunsmith? This one will give anyone with a clue shivers. I used the guys car shop to work on it.
    What a shitty set up. I was in a corner of the shop. with only a drop light and uneven floor. The stand flexed like hell.
    After fucking with it for an hour I said fuck it and got it stable and did my best to make sure the gun and stand had the same bubble and somehow I drilled them straight.

So I used this to give more options in ring sets than the $10 Wearer mount but I just couldn't make myself like the extra with the over hang on the bbl and solution on the set screw.

So I lopped it off and cleaned it up.

It needed a case so it's amazing what a trip to Hobby Lobby can inspire. Now I won't say what the pistol work cost but for $80 I can make a case for you.

This is one sexy bitch

Not bad at the range-

ok till one of the reloads provided ended the day, but I should have it cloverleafing soon.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: el veredicto

Great job. I'm starting to enjoy working on guns as much as shooting them. That endeavor would scare the heck out of me though. I'm not quite ready for drill work. You definitely nailed it, El Veredicto is a win.
    DDG-8 "Sine Timore"

(Monroe County)

thanks
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Bucks County)

Drilling without a jig to keep the bit from walking off of a hard spot is always a "here's hoping"...and the equipment you were using had to add a pucker factor.

Nice work.

Nice job. How did you get the squib out?
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Chester County)

Really great looking results. Best looking pimp gun I've seen in a really long while....
    - bamboomaster

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Daycrawler View Post
    Nice job. How did you get the squib out?
    I put it in my vice and gently tapped it out with a GI pistol rod and brass hammer.

Yea that drill is more of a demo of how a yutz would do it. But I didn't want to pay someone else or just use a hand drill.
    Really the other pucker is getting the tap started. The 1st time you back it out to clean it-it's easy to cross cut your threads. Of course I had to order it from Brownells nobody has a small fine thread tap in stock.

(Dauphin County)

Thanks for the idea, Roscoe! I have an older Ruger Sp101 in .22lr (6 shot) with a awesome trigger that all scratched up and looks a lot like your first picture. Does Flitz make a liquid or paste? All I have is a can of the cotton type Flitz.

(Bucks County)

The drill press can be used to turn the tap. Remove the belt to free the spindle. Don't back it out...blow the chips out with air while rocking it back and forth. If it is necessary to remove the tap, re-start it with finger and thumb only. Once a few threads are established, the wrench can be attached.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by gun-bunny View Post
    Thanks for the idea, Roscoe! I have an older Ruger Sp101 in .22lr (6 shot) with a awesome trigger that all scratched up and looks a lot like your first picture. Does Flitz make a liquid or paste? All I have is a can of the cotton type Flitz.
    I got the tube of paste. After hearing about it and seeing it I was excited to try it. Made several passes and barely used any. A little bit goes a long way.

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    The drill press can be used to turn the tap. Remove the belt to free the spindle. Don't back it out...blow the chips out with air while rocking it back and forth. If it is necessary to remove the tap, re-start it with finger and thumb only. Once a few threads are established, the wrench can be attached.
    That is an good idea. Hopefully next time I do this I'll have access to a proper set up that I can try it out.