Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (York County)

Default York County LTCF Permit Application Process

Figured I would document my process for the heck of it!

1. Have a LTCF from Columbia County that is about to expire.
    2. Contacted the York County Sheriff Office and asked since I have a license from another county - could I just check renewal - no go.
    3. Jump over to: York County > Home > Courts & Criminal Justice > Court & Related Offices > Sheriff’s Office > Firearm Licensing > Licenses To Carry Firearms for requirements, etc.
    4. Download application (Microsoft Word Document) by clicking Application for a Pennsylvania License to Carry Firearms - SP 4-127 FINAL.doc.
    5. Request for email or phone call are to be submitted on the form available by clicking Applications Contact Request. I selected "E-Mail" notification because of the constant unwanted phone calls. Figured I might confuse a notification call with just another marketer trying to sell me something and they noted that they will only try once to contact you via your phone.

I mailed in the form (plus $20 personal check) 12/27/2016 - will update this thread when I get notified.

: UNREAL - would you believe I just got an e-mail saying my LTCF is ready for pickup! Mailed 12/27/2016 and got approval 12/30/2016! Shot up today and it took longer to get through security then it did to get a picture, sign and leave - I am simply living the dream!
    Last edited by S&WOwner; December 30th, 2016 at 12:14 PM.
    "A free people ought to be armed." - George Washington (January 17th, 1790)
    Criminals obey "gun control" laws in the same manner politicians follow their oaths of office!
    ..: TO SERVE AND PROTECT! Positive Stories :..

(York County)

Default Re: York County LTCF Permit Application Process

Quote Originally Posted by S&WOwner View Post
    Figured I would document my process for the heck of it!

1. Have a LTCF from Columbia County that is about to expire.
    2. Contacted the York County Sheriff Office and asked since I have a license from another county - could I just check renewal - no go.
    3. Jump over to: York County > Home > Courts & Criminal Justice > Court & Related Offices > Sheriff’s Office > Firearm Licensing > Licenses To Carry Firearms for requirements, etc.
    4. Download application (Microsoft Word Document) by clicking Application for a Pennsylvania License to Carry Firearms - SP 4-127 FINAL.doc.
    5. Request for email or phone call are to be submitted on the form available by clicking Applications Contact Request. I selected "E-Mail" notification because of the constant unwanted phone calls. Figured I might confuse a notification call with just another marketer trying to sell me something and they noted that they will only try once to contact you via your phone.

I mailed in the form (plus $20 personal check) 12/27/2016 - will update this thread when I get notified.
    Let us know how it goes. Not familiar with York Co. process. Here in Cumberland, it's a 5 minute immediate-issue at the courthouse. Give 'em form & money, they run PICS, here's Your LTCF... Boom.

But I gotta give York kudos for not specifying in-county references. I'd rather see them skip it entirely, but it's better than many.

Cumberland does ask for in-county references, which is a mark against them. But my objection to that is mitigated because it seems to be just pro-forma BS. Neither I nor anyone I know has had them checked ever. It's almost as if they take the fact you're -willing- to put down two names as sufficient to prove you're not a deadbeat... The reality is they run the PICS and give you the license right then if it's clean.
    DGAF

(York County)

UNREAL - would you believe I just got an e-mail saying my LTCF is ready for pickup!
    "A free people ought to be armed." - George Washington (January 17th, 1790)
    Criminals obey "gun control" laws in the same manner politicians follow their oaths of office!
    ..: TO SERVE AND PROTECT! Positive Stories :..

Quote Originally Posted by S&WOwner View Post
    UNREAL - would you believe I just got an e-mail saying my LTCF is ready for pickup!
    York has pretty quick turnaround time in my experiences. The first time I applied in person, i waited 15 minutes and had it, last renewal was about 20 hours when I received the call it was ready.
    NRA Endowment Member, N-SSA #9526v

(York County)

York County is definitely one of the good ones, I almost couldn't believe it when I moved up here from VA a couple years ago, I submitted my application at 3pm and got a call he next morning at 9am saying my license was ready to pick up. Big difference from waiting a full 45 business days for my Virginia CHP!