Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Beaver County)

Default Ruger GP100 Non Finger Groove Hogue Grip!

I dig it. My problem with the finger grooves was that I didn't feel like they lined up with where I wanted to hold and created a higher bore axis than what I want. This NFG grip has a slimmer profile which is nice if you have small hands. The lack of finger grooves give it the impression of being undercut behind the trigger guard though the grip are identical at that spot. I feel like I can hold a bit higher with this grip than the finger groove version. If you would like to try it, it's model 80010. I got it on amazon for $21.

(Dauphin County)

Default Re: Ruger GP100 Non Finger Groove Hogue Grip!

What is the finish on your GP100?

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Ruger GP100 Non Finger Groove Hogue Grip!

The finger grooves on the Hogues are far too aggressive. If your hand doesn't fit perfectly there is nothing you can do except change the grips. When I bought my GP100 they were still coming with the rubber grips with wood inserts. I wanted to be different so I sold them and bought the Hogue with finger grooves as pictured in the OPs photo. As soon as I picked up the revolver I knew I had made a mistake. I had to buy an original set back through eBay. Good thing this all happened before Ruger started shipping the GPs with Hogues or the original style grip would have cost much more. Thanks for sharing, your grips look great and more importantly I can see that they should feel right too.

Last edited by bripro; December 26th, 2016 at 12:02 PM.
    DDG-8 "Sine Timore"