Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: CA insider says semi-auto rifle ban coming

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    ersy is just ugly and stinky, it drops off and who'd miss it?
    jersey is mostly a federal superfund site from all the old factories.
    well, not mostly but most of the commercial areas i grew up around were.
    our town's police station was built next to a site used as a quarry/yard of sorts for radioactive materials for the manhatten project iirc.
    https://www.epa.gov/superfund/search...where-you-live
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Crawford County)

Quote Originally Posted by eagleclaw View Post
    What can the NRA do after the majority of subjects living in the people’s republic of CA,NJ,MD,CT,NY keep voting for liberal loons who are extremely anti-gun. The NRA has a lot of lobbying power on Capitol Hill, but even in the 90s with popularity of assault weapons bans that resulted in the Clinton gun ban, the only thing the NRA could do on a federal level was to water down the assault weapon bill to allow grandfathering and most importantly add an expiration date.

The NRA doesn’t have a magic wand to make all gun control bills go away. If an elected politician is anti-gun there is little chance he or she will change.
    Thank You, You saved me from writing all of that. Why do people want to wait for someone else to do it for them

(Carbon County)

Quote Originally Posted by fallenleader View Post
    jersey is mostly a federal superfund site from all the old factories.
    well, not mostly but most of the commercial areas i grew up around were.
    our town's police station was built next to a site used as a quarry/yard of sorts for radioactive materials for the manhatten project iirc.
    https://www.epa.gov/superfund/search...where-you-live
    back in 1980-81 we brought a lot of dirt into somerset / middlesex area that was under superfund cleanups in the area

in the late 40's they had brought in ore by train from out west to a a company there that refined the ore, that once refined and separated they got uranium for nuclear weapons.

the by-product was very much like gravel.....so what did they do with it? of course thay spread it as gravel and paved over it. over time it became radioactive .
    there was a 6 mile square area that they had to dig down 4-6 feet basically the whole area and remove it to a landfill in Ohio by train.

i mean everywhere around all the home, streets, factories, everywhere. there was even a large stream they had to remove the bed for several miles .

we brought in the dirt from all over to replace what they removed. like 30-40 trucks a day that went on for about 2 years.

when we went there we couldn't get out of the truck and they had pressure washers to clean the tires and were double checked with Geiger counters before you could leave the sight
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 ...........

Quote Originally Posted by middlefinger View Post
    back in 1980-81 we brought a lot of dirt into somerset / middlesex area that was under superfund cleanups in the area

in the late 40's they had brought in ore by train from out west to a a company there that refined the ore, that once refined and separated they got uranium for nuclear weapons.

the by-product was very much like gravel.....so what did they do with it? of course thay spread it as gravel and paved over it. over time it became radioactive .
    there was a 6 mile square area that they had to dig down 4-6 feet basically the whole area and remove it to a landfill in Ohio by train.

i mean everywhere around all the home, streets, factories, everywhere. there was even a large stream they had to remove the bed for several miles .

we brought in the dirt from all over to replace what they removed. like 30-40 trucks a day that went on for about 2 years.

when we went there we couldn't get out of the truck and they had pressure washers to clean the tires and were double checked with Geiger counters before you could leave the sight
    yeah... i grew up in middlesex borough/twp wtf ever they call it.
    i had the radioactive superfund on one side and the american cyanimid in bound brook on the other.
    with the industrial strip on the third side. kinda boxed in with contamination

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by fallenleader View Post
    yeah... i grew up in middlesex borough/twp wtf ever they call it.
    i had the radioactive superfund on one side and the american cyanimid in bound brook on the other.
    with the industrial strip on the third side. kinda boxed in with contamination
    You had a lot more than that around you, and probably do right now in PA. I think Jersey has around 150 NPL sites (I'm not looking it up), more than any state. But they have thousands of sites that are not NPL, just like almost every other state. Superfund is not a reliable indicator of how many contaminated sites a state has in any measure. 85% of it goes to lawyers anyway.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5230&dateline=1441069  448

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    You had a lot more than that around you, and probably do right now in PA. I think Jersey has around 150 NPL sites (I'm not looking it up), more than any state. But they have thousands of sites that are not NPL, just like almost every other state. Superfund is not a reliable indicator of how many contaminated sites a state has in any measure. 85% of it goes to lawyers anyway.
    oh, of course. i just mean i had those 3 sites within walking distance.
    i know plenty more doesn't make superfund status and even more is swept under the carpet.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123