Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    (York County)

Default Re: National Concealed Carry Reciprocity Bill Drawn Up for Next Congress

Quote Originally Posted by American1776 View Post
    Now, suppose this all works in our favor. What will NJ, for instance, do to PA visitors who will be armed? Which is more likely: The NJSP will all be re-trained, and will respect the rights of out of state citizens lawfully carrying firearms. OR: The NJSP will purposely pullover PA plates, and then proceed to draw down on us, (like Viper's situation), and arrest all gun owners and make them prove compliance with the new national law, over and over and over so as to 'teach' out of staters how NJ plays the game. NJ might say, 'Too bad, we will arrest or shoot anyone with a gun, period'. Or, they could just follow the law.

This could be interesting times ahead.
    The Feds have forced other states to accept gay marriage licenses, they can certainly force an LTCF down the throat of NJ.

As gun owners, we've got to separate the two issues of 'issue' and 'carry'. 'Issue' is a state regulated item, and we don't want a national permit or national database, just like most of us are smart enough to see PICS as better than NICS. As noted above, let the losers in CA fight their own battles on issue and we'll do what we can: try to stack the fed district courts and nip at the edges where we can, by forcing compliance with federal reciprocity on carry.

Accept the baby steps, or single cookies if you will, of national reciprocity on the carry half first. If the jackboots in NJ want to prone me out for abiding by a federal mandate we'll see them in federal court under a 1983 violation of civil rights under color of law. Lawsuits will cost them tons of the taxpayers money to learn the lesson. Hopefully with a tectonic shift in gun rights, our children will have the freedoms we don't. Maybe by then they will also be lucky enough to need a visa when visiting the country of California too!
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: National Concealed Carry Reciprocity Bill Drawn Up for Next Congress

I agree, pass it , and if the commie states still won't issue, screw them. Their residents will see us carrying , in THEIR state, and rise up and want the same rights we have. Their cops don't want to respect our rights, fine, let's take a huge bite out of their incomes (the citizens incomes) in the form of huge lawsuit settlements that they are forced to raise taxes to pay. They WILL see the light in fairly short order.

Here is the bill itself, very simple and straightforward: http://dailycaller.com/wp-content/up...ep.-Hudson.pdf

We need this now.

Help us kick off a statewide initiative. Come to Allentown Feb 2 and hear Larry Pratt on it. http://www.lvtp.org/feb-2-larry-pratt/

Naysayers please stay home. If you don't like national reciprocity, fine. But please stop complaining and whining. You can sit and wait for something better. In the meantime, I'm going home from the dance with the less than perfect but very decent looking blonde.

We turned PA red in the presidential. Let's do all we can to get our 18 congressional districts to vote 'yea' on National Reciprocity.
    Help us restore election integrity in PA. Join PA Voters United

(Chester County)

Amen brother! Perfect is the enemy of good!

court after court after court has upheld "reasonable" time and place restrictions on the carrying of firearms, if youre naive enough to believe you will be able to carry in nj or md with this bill then i have a bridge i would like to sell you

if this bill is passed as worded i guarantee that all the anti 2nd states will basically place so many "reasonable" restrictions that it will be impossible to carry, and if youre caught breaking one of these restrictions you will be charged with a felony with a 10 year sentence

the only good this bill will do is have a pa licence honored by the states that already respect the 2nd amendment, nothing more
    Nra, SAF, NJ2AS, GOA member

Quote Originally Posted by darkhunter View Post
    court after court after court has upheld "reasonable" time and place restrictions on the carrying of firearms, if youre naive enough to believe you will be able to carry in nj or md with this bill then i have a bridge i would like to sell you

if this bill is passed as worded i guarantee that all the anti 2nd states will basically place so many "reasonable" restrictions that it will be impossible to carry, and if youre caught breaking one of these restrictions you will be charged with a felony with a 10 year sentence

the only good this bill will do is have a pa licence honored by the states that already respect the 2nd amendment, nothing more
    In other words... "It's not perfect, so don't bother."

I for one am willing to fight 5 battles over time, to get what we want. Those who give excuses rather that fight, do not have my respect.
    Help us restore election integrity in PA. Join PA Voters United

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by longcall911 View Post
    In other words... "It's not perfect, so don't bother."

I for one am willing to fight 5 battles over time, to get what we want. Those who give excuses rather that fight, do not have my respect.
    Incrementalism is how the other side has fought for well over a hundred years. Maybe it's time we start working that way. I agree we should shoot for the stars, but if all we get is the moon, then it's a start.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by darkhunter View Post
    i dont support this bill, the bill should say any valid license to carry, if it has to be from your home state what good does that do for the states where you cant get a license like california, NY, Hawaii, etc plus if this is enacted as worded these states will just make any and all time and place restrictions they can think of so that you wont be able to carry anyways, like no carrying within a 1000 feet of a school, hospital, place of worship etc, no carrying past 10pm, no carrying in places that serve alchol, no carrying in any state or local parks, no carrying in government buildings or government owned land, no carrying in public transportation, no carrying at sporting events, no carrying at venues that sell tickets, no carry signs have full weight of law and then of course laws like 1 round maximum when carrying because why would you need more than 1 round unless you were planning a mass shooting, plus you must notify a leo who is within 100 feet of you

cant forget too that if youre caught breaking one of these laws youre charged with a felony with a maximum of 10 years and ofcourse you lose your gun rights

and with how the circuit courts are, all of the laws will be found constitutional and the SC will just continue to dodge the issue all together like it has been
    The CCW does not have to be from your state of residence. There are two qualifying "licensures" specified:

13 ... who is
    14 carrying a valid license or permit which is issued pursuant
    15 to the law of a State and which permits the person to
    16 carry a concealed firearm
    OR

is entitled to carry a concealed firearm in the State in which the person resides,
    the latter is for those living in Constitutional carry states; the former only requires a license from "a State".

As to state location restrictions, only those relating to state/local PROPERTY would remain in force for those carrying under this proposed bill.

‘‘(b) This section shall not be construed to supersede or limit the laws of any State that— ... ‘‘(2) prohibit or restrict the possession of fire
    arms on any State or local government property, installation, building, base, or park.
    This is vastly superior to the wording of prior bills introduced in the current and pervious Congresses that basically allowed the kind of broad restrictions that you note. Ironically residents, since they are not protected under the bill, would still be subject to the non-state/local property restrictions while in their state but the non-residents would enjoy a much larger venue to carry.
    Last edited by tl_3237; December 7th, 2016 at 05:00 PM.
    IANAL

(York County)

Default Rep. Richard Hudson (R-NC) ready to introduce national reciprocity

DGAF

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by American1776 View Post
    I've thought about how this could happen. We have the house and the senate (just by a few). I believe that there are enough Dems that would vote for this (because they want to be re-elected---there are many blue areas in the country that still want the 2nd Amendment respected). Trump would sign it. NY, CA, NJ, and MD will go bananas. They will even sue. If Trump appoints the right Justice to SCOTUS, we could look at National Reciprocity as the law of the land for our children.

Now, suppose this all works in our favor. What will NJ, for instance, do to PA visitors who will be armed? Which is more likely: The NJSP will all be re-trained, and will respect the rights of out of state citizens lawfully carrying firearms. OR: The NJSP will purposely pullover PA plates, and then proceed to draw down on us, (like Viper's situation), and arrest all gun owners and make them prove compliance with the new national law, over and over and over so as to 'teach' out of staters how NJ plays the game. NJ might say, 'Too bad, we will arrest or shoot anyone with a gun, period'. Or, they could just follow the law.

This could be interesting times ahead.
    ....or I can continue to stay the hell out of NJ.

Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast