Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Re: National Concealed Carry Reciprocity Bill Drawn Up for Next Congress

Quote Originally Posted by RockIsland View Post
    All sports "reporters" rub me the wrong way.

They all seem like pompous rabid libtard assholes to me.
    The sports media is practically 100% liberal/progressive. Look at ESPN. They no NOTHING about firearms yet often comment on their legality, or lack thereof. They are usually "city people" that no nothing beyond their metro, skewed liberal vision. The exception are some ex players like Kurt Schilling, and Ben Davis.

Default Re: National Concealed Carry Reciprocity Bill Drawn Up for Next Congress

i dont support this bill, the bill should say any valid license to carry, if it has to be from your home state what good does that do for the states where you cant get a license like california, NY, Hawaii, etc

plus if this is enacted as worded these states will just make any and all time and place restrictions they can think of so that you wont be able to carry anyways, like no carrying within a 1000 feet of a school, hospital, place of worship etc, no carrying past 10pm, no carrying in places that serve alchol, no carrying in any state or local parks, no carrying in government buildings or government owned land, no carrying in public transportation, no carrying at sporting events, no carrying at venues that sell tickets, no carry signs have full weight of law and then of course laws like 1 round maximum when carrying because why would you need more than 1 round unless you were planning a mass shooting, plus you must notify a leo who is within 100 feet of you

cant forget too that if youre caught breaking one of these laws youre charged with a felony with a maximum of 10 years and ofcourse you lose your gun rights

and with how the circuit courts are, all of the laws will be found constitutional and the SC will just continue to dodge the issue all together like it has been
    Nra, SAF, NJ2AS, GOA member

(Beaver County)

One small step at a time, if you grab too many cookies you can't get you hand out of the cookie jar.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by jakebrake View Post
    I would love to see it.

that being said, I am not betting on it.
    Such pessimism, that's how some people view events after being surrounded by New York, New Jersey and Maryland for so long.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by john9001 View Post
    One small step at a time, if you grab too many cookies you can't get you hand out of the cookie jar.
    We're not talking about cookies.

(Susquehanna County)

I really DO NOT want the Federal government sticking its nose into this. At least NOT beyond saying that the states shall recognize the licenses issued by any other state.
    NOTHING more! No federal homogenized laws, no "national standards" NOTHING that puts the FEDS in charge of dictating what the STATES may require for the issue of licenses!

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by Qtrborecrazy View Post
    We're not talking about cookies.
    OK, if you don't like metaphors I will speak plain talk. If you try for too much too fast you may not get anything.

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by darkhunter View Post
    i dont support this bill, the bill should say any valid license to carry, if it has to be from your home state what good does that do for the states where you cant get a license like california, NY, Hawaii, etc
    It would be up to the citizens of those States to change their shitty laws. Surely the citizens of those states wouldn't like if visitors from other states could carry but they could not.

I've thought about how this could happen. We have the house and the senate (just by a few). I believe that there are enough Dems that would vote for this (because they want to be re-elected---there are many blue areas in the country that still want the 2nd Amendment respected). Trump would sign it. NY, CA, NJ, and MD will go bananas. They will even sue. If Trump appoints the right Justice to SCOTUS, we could look at National Reciprocity as the law of the land for our children.

Now, suppose this all works in our favor. What will NJ, for instance, do to PA visitors who will be armed? Which is more likely: The NJSP will all be re-trained, and will respect the rights of out of state citizens lawfully carrying firearms. OR: The NJSP will purposely pullover PA plates, and then proceed to draw down on us, (like Viper's situation), and arrest all gun owners and make them prove compliance with the new national law, over and over and over so as to 'teach' out of staters how NJ plays the game. NJ might say, 'Too bad, we will arrest or shoot anyone with a gun, period'. Or, they could just follow the law.

This could be interesting times ahead.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by john9001 View Post
    OK, if you don't like metaphors I will speak plain talk. If you try for too much too fast you may not get anything.
    And who goes to jail while we take small steps? We have to be like the gay community, loud as hell and all in.

Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast