Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Chester County)

Cool New member here - finally returned to PA

Greetings! Just joined PAFOA today and wanted to officially say hello! Some folks here I'm sure already know me from other forums. I grew up in SEPA (Ridley and West Chester) and after 12+ years of moving all over the country for school/work, we had our first child and decided to promptly move home to PA. Very glad to be home.

I'm literally 10 minutes down the road from SCCSFA and maintained my membership there for a bunch of years, even when I was 200+ miles away. A couple of years ago, we moved 1000 miles away, and I let it expire because I thought we'd never be back. My excitement about moving so close to SCCSFA turned to irony, as it now it seems like re-joining there is nearly impossible, though I keep meeting people who tell me they're members there, but only visit the club once or twice a year. Killin me!!! For the last few months I've been back in PA, I've been shooting at Ontelaunee, DCFSA, as well as the local indoor ranges. Here's hoping for a miracle that I can get a spot at SCCSFA soon!

On the hunting side of things, I was a longtime Tioga/Bradford County whitetail hunter and retired my whitetail hunting a few years ago. Today I solely stick with coyote hunting and long range groundhogging. Been fortunate to hunt a lot of incredible areas and make great friends along the way.

Shooting-wise I'm strictly into the defensive skillsets both for pistol and rifle and am looking forward to getting back into a more regular swing of things since moving. I generally shoot on weekdays and weeknights throughout the year, weekends are tough.

Lastly, I'm a NRA-life member and take very seriously the responsibility of fighting for our 2nd Amendment Rights, having been actively involved in efforts in a number of states. I look forward to becoming more involved in efforts here in PA.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: New member here - finally returned to PA

Welcome to the forum.

I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Chester County)

Welcome back to PA. I'm also within a few minutes of SCCSFA. Memberships there and at Atglen are tough to come by these days. Have you been to TSS in Avondale? It's a great indoor facility.

You don't have to be a member to shoot USPSA at SCCSFA. It's the most fun you can have with $20 and 3 boxes of ammo.

For activism, take a look at FOAC and attend the spring rally in Harrisburg. In January we have a new rep from PA 158 who says he is pro-2A, and he has to hear from us early and often.

Local deer hunting is pretty good. I've heard some coyotes, but haven't seen one. My neighbor killed on in his barn, and a friend who hikes Cheslen every day has seen one. Groundhogging is an every day thing here. No matter how many you kill, twice as many appear. Unfortunately, you have to use rimfire here.

You can always take up fox hunting, but remember that you can't wear pink on Tuesday unless you are grandfathered in from before 1998 or something like that.

Again, welcome to beautiful Southern Chester County.
    Boy, I say boy, you're reaching the limits of my medication!

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gripsafety View Post
    Welcome back to PA. I'm also within a few minutes of SCCSFA. Memberships there and at Atglen are tough to come by these days. Have you been to TSS in Avondale? It's a great indoor facility.
    Thanks for the warm welcome. Yes, I've been to TSS and Targetmaster. Targetmaster pretty much hasn't changed... which is bad... so TSS is a good, local alternative.

You don't have to be a member to shoot USPSA at SCCSFA. It's the most fun you can have with $20 and 3 boxes of ammo.
    I just moved here from Memphis which is also known as "The Detroit of the South" ... so you'd be surprised what fun you can have with $20 and 3 boxes of ammo!

Local deer hunting is pretty good. I've heard some coyotes, but haven't seen one. My neighbor killed on in his barn, and a friend who hikes Cheslen every day has seen one. Groundhogging is an every day thing here. No matter how many you kill, twice as many appear. Unfortunately, you have to use rimfire here.
    Definitely some big deer around here, just doesn't do it for me anymore. I haven't put eyes on any coyotes here in the southern end of the county, but I'm sure they're here. We still have a lot of foxes, which is generally a good barometer for "there ain't too many coyotes here." Once you stop seeing the foxes and start seeing more "missing" dog and cat flyers, you know they're here. As for groundhogs, I'd love to do some suppressed 17hmr hunting here in Chester County if I can find some farms to hunt, I do most of my hog hunting on a bunch of farms in Berks and Lehigh Counties where I can stretch out with a 22 centerfire. You're right about it being a never-ending game with them... they're NEPUTs... Non-Electrical Pop-Up Targets.

(Chester County)

your PM box is full!!

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by SPEEDGUNNER View Post
    your PM box is full!!
    Fixed - guys have been hitting it hard.

(Cumberland County)

Hey, I'm trying to PM you about one of your other threads but your inbox is full, is there any way you could clear some space, or provide a way to reach you. Thanks!