Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    (York County)

Default Re: Patraeus is anti-2A.

I have 3 thoughts on this:

1) When I get a resume from someone who's working/worked for the competition, I always bring them in to interview. Often no intention to hire them, but wanna see 'what they'll give up' about the competitor... I hire them only rarely and ONLY if they have a really good reason for wanting to jump ship. Otherwise I view them as a traitor to their employer, who would likely do the same to me.

2) I don't like his Anti-2A position, but as SOS, he'd have very little impact on anything to do with 2A

3) He's shown -at best- poor judgment with classified/confidential info. You could reasonably extend that to he's weak where poonany is concerned, and he did something illegal.

Given all those, my take would be "interview the hell out of him and MAYBE bring him into an advisory/peripheral role, but not the core of the Cabinet"
    DGAF

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by KCJones View Post
    2) I don't like his Anti-2A position, but as SOS, he'd have very little impact on anything to do with 2A
    Action on gun control agreements, treaties, importation, tracking, restricting, etc, and more importantly rolling back any international or Obama Administration anti-gun agenda could be an important part of any incoming Sec of State... . There is simply too much work to do and too much further damage that can be done to instead willingly pick someone who has close ties with radical anti-2A groups and individuals.

Link Here: http://www.state.gov/t/avc/index.htm

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by TSimonetti View Post
    He willingly joined this radical anti-2A group and speaks on it's behalf, so in logical and legal terms, that is Prima Facie evidence that he is anti-2A. It's up to him to prove that he isn't at this point. If someone joins the KKK and goes to their events and fundraisers, you don't have to find actual quotes from him to show he's a racist. He just is a racist, or else he's a moron, or both... Whether Petraeus is Anti-2A, or a moron, or both, he is not fit to serve in the Trump Administration.

The left doesn't have to grab anything out of thin air in order to try and divide us on Patraeus, he did that all on his own.
    Thanks for "outing" the traitor.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot321 View Post
    I'd like to see Bolton as Sec of State, and Rudy as DHS head. Although, I hate DHS.
    Beat me to it. TEAM BOLTON.
    "Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Gman106
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face." - Mike Tyson
    "Get the hell out of my way." - John Galt

(York County)

Action on gun control agreements, treaties, importation, tracking, restricting, etc, and more importantly rolling back any international or Obama Administration anti-gun agenda could be an important part of any incoming Sec of State... . There is simply too much work to do and too much further damage that can be done to instead willingly pick someone who has close ties with radical anti-2A groups and individuals.

Link Here: http://www.state.gov/t/avc/index.htm
    I don't disagree, and in the end I recommend AGAINST him as SOS.

But even if he gets in as SOS, it's less damaging than a domestic role. SOS is what most every other nation in the world calls "Foreign Secretary" and has little to do with domestic policy. I don't want him as SOS. But if it should happen, it will scare me much less than an anti-2A in other roles.
    DGAF

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gman106 View Post
    Beat me to it. TEAM BOLTON.
    I'd have preferred to see Rudy as AG to about any other role. But that ship has sailed.
    DGAF

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by KCJones View Post
    I'd have preferred to see Rudy as AG to about any other role. But that ship has sailed.
    Rudy has waffled on 2A. Big city mayors tend to do that, generally. I like Rudy but he has limited international experience and Bolton has it in spades. The UN weenies, Iran and most of the rest of our enemies fear a Bolton pick. That's reason enough right there. TEAM 'STACHE

http://www.ontheissues.org/Celeb/Rud...un_Control.htm
    "Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Gman106
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face." - Mike Tyson
    "Get the hell out of my way." - John Galt

(Northampton County)

He willingly joined this radical anti-2A group and speaks on it's behalf, so in logical and legal terms, that is Prima Facie evidence that he is anti-2A. It's up to him to prove that he isn't at this point. If someone joins the KKK and goes to their events and fundraisers, you don't have to find actual quotes from him to show he's a racist. He just is a racist, or else he's a moron, or both... Whether Petraeus is Anti-2A, or a moron, or both, he is not fit to serve in the Trump Administration.

The left doesn't have to grab anything out of thin air in order to try and divide us on Patraeus, he did that all on his own.
    That's fine, but you are going to find everybody in this admin is a traitor before long if you turn on them based on an association and no further information. And I am surprised you voted for Trump since he has the same position as Petraeus.

I'm not saying he's fine until I hear otherwise based on this, I am saying I need more info. ANY info. I'm certainly negatively biased based on this.

Forget Petraeus, just keep your eyes open. I'm taking everything with a grain of salt. It is a 1 in 100 that we have a guy who seems to have turned on us but we don't have any info from him on what he stands for, so it shouldn't go down like this one most of the time. At least the two recent times the media misrepresented Trump to us I was able to look to his statements and make an informed decision. I think it will usually go like that, but the media is not going to make it easy on us.

Remember - it's our side that eats it's own, and the left knows that. The left cannot be divided.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5230&dateline=1441069  448

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234