Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Pike County)

Default Re: Dingmans Shooting Range Pistol Competitions

off the back side from the way I am understanding it.

(Pike County)

My wife and I were shooting there yesterday and we asked the owner about it. He said they are doing the engineering/design, but the expansion is not on any kind of definite timetable.
    Life Member SAF, CCRKBA; Senior Life Member FOAC

There's a shoot next Friday night 4/21 at 6pm. I think I'm going to check it out. One of my friends is a member. I guess it's no concealment and you need 3 mags. They said to bring about 150 rounds.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

I shot there tonight. First time I was ever there. Really nice place. Staff was great. Owner was really friendly. Shoot was fun. Met a bunch of nice people. It's small but they did a great job making the shoot interesting. I will definitely go again.

it is 45min from my house, i'm below dwg forest. didn't know yoder was so close.
    they are nice there, very welcoming and helpful. expensive compared to sgl's but not compared to say, pocono pistol. (they're also not located in the "hood" like PP is. more bang for your buck, go to the range and defend your life when you leave.)
    only range in the area for me to take the 12ga, the targets can be set at any distance. it is a small range.

they are running a poker shoot this month. the best way to learn and follow them is on their facebook page, the website is a bit confusing. they run ladies nights and competitions.

at 25yd, there is little challenge with the shotgun though. i consitently had holes touching or almost going through prior ones on 3 round groups, low recoil slugs. :/ didn't expect that when it was my first time ever handling one.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

Quote Originally Posted by fallenleader View Post
    it is 45min from my house, i'm below dwg forest. didn't know yoder was so close.
    they are nice there, very welcoming and helpful. expensive compared to sgl's but not compared to say, pocono pistol. (they're also not located in the "hood" like PP is. more bang for your buck, go to the range and defend your life when you leave.)
    only range in the area for me to take the 12ga, the targets can be set at any distance. it is a small range.

they are running a poker shoot this month. the best way to learn and follow them is on their facebook page, the website is a bit confusing. they run ladies nights and competitions.

at 25yd, there is little challenge with the shotgun though. i consitently had holes touching or almost going through prior ones on 3 round groups, low recoil slugs. :/ didn't expect that when it was my first time ever handling one.
    It's about 15 min from my house. I never went there because they don't allow rapid fire and drawing from holster. I think if I talked to the owner and became a member he might bend the rules. I was impressed. I had a good time.

(Pike County)

Yoder- Thanks for the follow up post regarding the competition night. I'm busy 3 out of 4 Friday evenings a month and never seem to get there. Hope to get there sometime soon, your post motivates me.

fallenleader- agree with your assessment, the owner and staff are friendly, welcoming and helpful.
    Used to go to Pocono Pistol every 3 weeks or so (45min trip) But like Yoder, I'm 15 min away from DSR, so now I shoot weekly.
    Life Member SAF, CCRKBA; Senior Life Member FOAC

Quote Originally Posted by mark40 View Post
    Yoder- Thanks for the follow up post regarding the competition night. I'm busy 3 out of 4 Friday evenings a month and never seem to get there. Hope to get there sometime soon, your post motivates me.

fallenleader- agree with your assessment, the owner and staff are friendly, welcoming and helpful.
    Used to go to Pocono Pistol every 3 weeks or so (45min trip) But like Yoder, I'm 15 min away from DSR, so now I shoot weekly.
    If you want to go, call a week or so before and sign up. They are starting to put a cap on the number of shooters. Ours had 16 and it took about 2 hr and 20 min. It's worth checking out. All levels of shooters using all kinds of gear.

Is anyone going to competition night this Sunday? I'll be there. Starts at 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoder View Post
    Is anyone going to competition night this Sunday? I'll be there. Starts at 6.
    nah, i thought about trying their revolver poker round. but schedule is too loaded. thought i might stand a chance with that one. single action 9mm big heavy revolver. ah well.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast