Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Northampton County)

Default Nazareth LEO Posts Pro-2A Msg - Valley goes Bonkers

See the link for more info, the formatting is a little messy to copy.

A Nazareth police officer went rogue on the department's Facebook page Wednesday morning, according to borough officials, encouraging gun owners to "exercise your 2nd Amendment rights to bear arms" in the wake of a homicide and carjacking this week in Palmer Township.

Nazareth police Commissioner Randall Miller said he learned of the post after receiving a call from the mayor and had it removed immediately, acknowledging that it could have been interpreted as vigilantism.

On the police Facebook page, the department wished the public a "safe Thanksgiving vacation," gave details of the crimes that happened Monday and Tuesday night in Palmer, and then said:

"We ask and encourage those of you who are responsible and educated enough to exercise your 2nd Amendment right to bear arms. Providing you can and are legally able to possess a firearm and that you follow the Pennsylvania laws and local ordinances when doing so ... If when ever possible CALL 911 FIRST, if you believe you see someone or something suspicious. Do not engage and use Extreme Caution!"
    He is widely accused of vigilantism. People saying, 'just call police and everything will be OK.' First of all, the statement says nothing of the sort. Second, when exactly did we decide that letting crime and evil have their way with us and our community is the only proper response?

You will find some really offensive quotes in this article. Remember these names.

http://www.mcall.com/news/breaking/m...123-story.html
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5230&dateline=1441069  448

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Nazareth LEO Posts Pro-2A Msg - Valley goes Bonkers

Seems like some good comments and one troll replying to them.

(Wayne County)

I see nothing wrong with his statement seeing that the SCOTUS ruled that the police do not have to protect us.

(Philadelphia County)

Well,at least District Attorney Morganelli had it right.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Bucks County)

I agree with him, but, I also believe government employees, ALL of them, should keep their fucking mouths shut and just do their job. We ain't paying them to regale us with their worthless opinions. If I walked into my bosses office and started to extoll the virtues of one valve over another, he'd probably show me the unemployment line.

Now, that said, if he was on his own Facebook page and wrote that, hell, I'd defend his right to do it all day long every day. He just shouldn't be doing it while 'in uniform, or in a position of authority'. Doing it on the PD's, or Township's Facebook page tends to imply authority. He should be fired if that is the case. Again, shut your yap and do your job.

Funny. I called the PA state police on the Turnpike TWICE on wednesday about an aggressive and accident involving driver (he fled the scene) and I can tell you exactly what they did... JACK and SHIT. This is how you don't convince the People that you're any good at protecting them. Worst part is a cruiser rolled past my car minutes after our first phone call to them.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    Funny. I called the PA state police on the Turnpike TWICE on wednesday about an aggressive and accident involving driver (he fled the scene) and I can tell you exactly what they did... JACK and SHIT. This is how you don't convince the People that you're any good at protecting them. Worst part is a cruiser rolled past my car minutes after our first phone call to them.
    Look down here.vvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Quote Originally Posted by Qtrborecrazy View Post
    the SCOTUS ruled that the police do not have to protect us.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Qtrborecrazy View Post
    I see nothing wrong with his statement seeing that the SCOTUS ruled that the police do not have to protect us.
    To be accurate, it was DC Court of Appeals, not SCOTUS...