Default An even chance

Tom McCarey
    National Motorists Association
    285 Dayleview Road
    Berwyn, PA 19312
    610 687 7607
    www.motorists.org/join

An even chance.

I am writing to ask for your help. I have been fighting the installation of red light ticket cameras (RLCs) in Pennsylvania for the last six years, alone, armed with a fax machine and a public library computer. The independent highway safety studies that I make available are rarely published or broadcast, and I feel fortunate if I get a letter to the editor printed every so often.

At the present time, the pro-camera interests are staging a major campaign to gain public acceptance of RLCs in order to blanket Pennsylvania with cameras, like a plague of locusts.
    With a war chest of millions of dollars to spend on direct and indirect private and public influence, the pro-RLC lobby, including the camera manufacturers, the Philadelphia Parking Authority (PPA), and the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS), stand to reap billions of dollars through traffic citations unfairly sent to motorists via camera surveilance.

Starting with these two articles from the Philadelphia Daily News, http://www.motorists.org/issues/enforce/bigpicture.html
    http://www.motorists.org/issues/enforce/supporters.html, you will see how the pro-camera lobby used political influence to get RLCs into Pennsylvania. The questionable methodology in their "research," and how they interpret their own figures to support their positions can be found at the National Motorists Association website: http://www.motorists.org/issues/enforce/studies.html. Add to that the fact that the PPA, by law, keeps all RLC data secret, and there is no way to know what is fact and what is fiction.

Whatever side you stand on, I hope you will agree that the motoring public, as well as government policy makers, cannot make informed decisions as to whether or not red light ticket cameras make highways more safe or more dangerous without all sides being heard.
    I am asking that you help me get my side heard. Thank you.

Sincerely yours,
    Tom McCarey
    National Motorists Association

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: An even chance

Great first post

This is a forum for gun enthisuasts!

I don't speed when I drive, nor do I run red lights. Whats the point?

IMHO you can take this to all the "I saw The Fast and the Furious too many times and I made my Dodge Neon into a Race Car" forums you want, just leave it off our gun forum.
    Last edited by JustinM; February 19th, 2007 at 07:59 PM.

(Blair County)

I believe the "lounge" is open to any topic that is NOT gun related, so long as it conforms to forum guidelines.

-Joe-
    Magnum en parvo!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Little Joe View Post
    I believe the "lounge" is open to any topic that is NOT gun related, so long as it conforms to forum guidelines.

-Joe-
    I know, but we've been getting spammed lately with BS like this. This post was in the "Articles" forum before Dan moved it here.

I like to see people sign up, and make their first post an introduction/ showing off their guns, and stuff like that. You know this guy isn't going to get back on the forum and talk guns.