Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Delaware County)

Default French Creek outdoor range

I'm in Delaware county and I was looking for a range (prefer free) to sight in for hunting season. I had heard about the outdoor range at French Creek but can't seem to find anything about times they are open or anything like that. Does anyone have any info about that like times or even an exact address?

(Northampton County)

Default Re: French Creek outdoor range

Quote Originally Posted by rds1220 View Post
    I'm in Delaware county and I was looking for a range (prefer free) to sight in for hunting season. I had heard about the outdoor range at French Creek but can't seem to find anything about times they are open or anything like that. Does anyone have any info about that like times or even an exact address?
    If you have a hunting license, you can use the PA State Game Land Ranges: http://www.pgc.pa.gov/HuntTrap/State...s/default.aspx

They are free to use for anyone with a PA hunting license or sportsmans license. The instructions and locations are listed on the link above. French Creek is the range in Chester County under the Southeast Region.

(Delaware County)

So are the times for those out door ranges in game lands like the one at French Creek the same as state park, sunrise to sunset.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by rds1220 View Post
    So are the times for those out door ranges in game lands like the one at French Creek the same as state park, sunrise to sunset.
    The link I had in my post tells you the hours in the second paragraph: "Unless otherwise posted, these ranges are open year-round, from 8 a.m. until sunset, Monday through Saturday, and noon to sunset on Sundays." There is a map to the French Creek range there too.

(Delaware County)

Oops missed that. SO I've never been to a range like this where it's just at a public park or game lands. How are the targets setup. I mean do they have some sort of target setup or do you have to bring a target and paper?

(Northampton County)

The only one I've been to is the range north of Jim Thorpe on 93. They had target stands at 100, 200, and 300 yards in addition to the pistol range. All I had to bring was my paper targets. That being said, I also bring cardboard with me when I go to any range. You never know when you will need it. Especially if the target holder is all shot up.

(Montgomery County)

Bring targets, some cardboard just in case, and some tape or staples or something to attach the targets. 3 rounds max in magazines. no shot shells, slugs only for shotguns. Watch your back, there is occasionally some unsafe activity at FC gamelands range.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Royinmontco View Post
    Bring targets, some cardboard just in case, and some tape or staples or something to attach the targets. 3 rounds max in magazines. no shot shells, slugs only for shotguns. Watch your back, there is occasionally some unsafe activity at FC gamelands range.
    This is no joke. I only go as a last resort to shoot a 300yd range, and I've only been a few times. Every single time I'm there and we call a cease fire, there has been a jerk off touching his rifle as I'm stapling targets or walking back. Make sure your head is on a swivel, and be ready to pack up if it becomes unsafe. And please don't be that a-hole that's been hunting for 40 years who says it's ok to touch his rifle as long as it's unloaded while others are downrange.