Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: New Hope Borough News Article

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.K View Post
    I will take the ticket and any other heat that comes my way for backing off the bridge before I will cross that line...

You and me both!

(Bucks County)

Town councils comprised of assholes is bad enough, but in this venue of which we speak the assholes are half worn out, to boot.

(Bucks County)

You could always jump off the bridge and swim to the No Hope pa. side, But I believe the river runs over both jurisdictions. so your f*cked ether way! LOL
    "The chair is against the wall, John has a long mustasche"

(Erie County)

Resolutions mean nothing

(York County)

New Hope - where "limp wristing" is common and has nothing to do with shooting!

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Statkowski View Post
    Both sides may indeed have jurisdiction (i.e., the ability to enforce laws) ON the bridge, the political border between the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and the State of New Jersey is in the middle of the bridge. One can Pennsylvania carry (open, or concealed with an LTCF) up to the border line in the middle of the bridge, but not past that line. As long as one is in Pennsylvania, New Jersey cops can't hold you to comply with their guns laws.

Of course, if you're in a car and find yourself on the bridge, then you may well indeed have problems.
    I wouldn't even risk that. Do you know exactly where the state line is located? I know I don't. It's not always in the middle of the river.
    DISCOUNTS - Steel Target Paint: beaverje10 (10% off) | Wiland USA: jbeaver05 (5% off)

(Bucks County)

On water, boundaries are mid-line, but (maritime) jurisdictions are bulkhead to bulkhead. On land or bridges, it is midway. From the New Hope-Lambertville bridge, jumping might be a worthwhile choice, but then that would put you within NJ bulkhead-to-bulkhead grasp.

It has nothing to do with the positives or negatives of sexual orientation, but everything to do with cultural pressure. It's the same for teachers and blacks and Hispanics and illegal aliens and other "plantation" groups that the DNC deems to be broken and saddled.

The Left thinks it owns the LGBT community, and much of the LGBT community agrees. That's unfortunate, because members of these communities are pressured to put their brains in idle and just repeat the party line on all topics. Even when decades of Democrat rule result in MORE poverty, MORE Balkanization and hate, MORE unwed households creating kids who lack a father or an attentive mother. It's hard to argue that Detroit or Philly or Chicago are now safer places for children and other living creatures.

Gun control is just one of the lockstep topics that Progressives take in without critical thinking.

To be fair, the Right "tries" to do the same thing, but with less success. You can be pro-gun and pro-weed, anti-abortion and pro-open-borders, deeply religious and pro-gay. The strength and the weakness of the Right is that it's like herding feral cats, most of us do our own thinking and reach our own conclusions. We're used to rejecting bullshit and being yelled at by our own allies, which is why Conservatives rarely "unfriend" people for simply disagreeing, but "tolerant Progressives" routinely shun and demonize people for simply dissenting from Landru's Word. To the Left, ALL dissenting voices are "hateful speech".

It's not illegal for Progressives to try to leverage their positions by passing impotent ordinances that have no power to do anything. In fact, while they're doing these pointless things, and signing petitions, and putting diaper pins on their shirts, it keeps them from doing anything that would actually get in our way. We should encourage this. Pretend to be alarmed. Make them feel productive.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    It has nothing to do with the positives or negatives of sexual orientation, but everything to do with cultural pressure. It's the same for teachers and blacks and Hispanics and illegal aliens and other "plantation" groups that the DNC deems to be broken and saddled.

The Left thinks it owns the LGBT community, and much of the LGBT community agrees. That's unfortunate, because members of these communities are pressured to put their brains in idle and just repeat the party line on all topics. Even when decades of Democrat rule result in MORE poverty, MORE Balkanization and hate, MORE unwed households creating kids who lack a father or an attentive mother. It's hard to argue that Detroit or Philly or Chicago are now safer places for children and other living creatures.

Gun control is just one of the lockstep topics that Progressives take in without critical thinking.

To be fair, the Right "tries" to do the same thing, but with less success. You can be pro-gun and pro-weed, anti-abortion and pro-open-borders, deeply religious and pro-gay. The strength and the weakness of the Right is that it's like herding feral cats, most of us do our own thinking and reach our own conclusions. We're used to rejecting bullshit and being yelled at by our own allies, which is why Conservatives rarely "unfriend" people for simply disagreeing, but "tolerant Progressives" routinely shun and demonize people for simply dissenting from Landru's Word. To the Left, ALL dissenting voices are "hateful speech".

It's not illegal for Progressives to try to leverage their positions by passing impotent ordinances that have no power to do anything. In fact, while they're doing these pointless things, and signing petitions, and putting diaper pins on their shirts, it keeps them from doing anything that would actually get in our way. We should encourage this. Pretend to be alarmed. Make them feel productive.
    You're reading my mind! I am, in fact, pro-gun and pro-weed, deeply religious and pro-gay (If "I just don't care" counts as pro-gay). I'm effectively "pro-abortion," but on a state's-rights basis: I think the Constitution doesn't speak to it, so if CA wants to allow abortion and UT prohibit it, I'm cool with that (I find it reprehensible personally). I'm also pro single-payer healthcare and anti-open borders. And through that all I consider myself "conservative" and certainly not "progressive"... Think I'm a hypocrite? That's your right. My response would be that I'm a Constituationalist and can "reconcile" all these beliefs on that basis. But I appreciate your viewpoint. I hope you'll forgive me if I celebrate the fact "the right" is actually the more inclusive and diverse party while "the left" is based on "Ve Haff Vays off Makingk You Agree"....
    DGAF

(Warren County)

Quote Originally Posted by KCJones View Post
    You're reading my mind! I am, in fact, pro-gun and pro-weed, deeply religious and pro-gay (If "I just don't care" counts as pro-gay). I'm effectively "pro-abortion," but on a state's-rights basis: I think the Constitution doesn't speak to it, so if CA wants to allow abortion and UT prohibit it, I'm cool with that (I find it reprehensible personally). I'm also pro single-payer healthcare and anti-open borders. And through that all I consider myself "conservative" and certainly not "progressive"... Think I'm a hypocrite? That's your right. My response would be that I'm a Constituationalist and can "reconcile" all these beliefs on that basis. But I appreciate your viewpoint. I hope you'll forgive me if I celebrate the fact "the right" is actually the more inclusive and diverse party while "the left" is based on "Ve Haff Vays off Makingk You Agree"....

Do you mean the consumer pays for healthcare or the government pays for healthcare?

I've waited in line at USAF clinics and VA clinics, so I am opposed to .GOV having control over MY health.
    American by BIRTH, Infidel by CHOICE

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234