Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default Springfield XD-9sc magazine, and 10-round .45ACP magazine questions

I have some good news and some bad news.

Good news: I'm moving to California for a new job.

Bad news: I'm moving to California for a new job.

I plan to bring my handguns with me, but also plan to comply with the law in CA. I have a Springfield XD-9sc, that comes with a 13-round short magazine, and a 16-round longer magazine with the grip extension. I know that I can get 10-rounders to replace the shorter 13-round magazines, but I'd also like to replace the 16-rounders with an equivalent 10-rounder that will fit the same kind of grip extension. So is there a full-length 10-round magazine available for XDs (for purposes of sale in California) that would fit the xd-9sc with a grip extension.

Another question: what's a good .45ACP that naturally comes with a 10-round magazine, but that I can't buy in CA because of their stupid list? I may want to pick one up before heading out there.
    Almost a LIB .... ertarian

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Springfield XD-9sc magazine, and 10-round .45ACP magazine questions

Quote Originally Posted by rikilii View Post
    I have some good news and some bad news.

Good news: I'm moving to California for a new job.

Bad news: I'm moving to California for a new job.

I plan to bring my handguns with me, but also plan to comply with the law in CA. I have a Springfield XD-9sc, that comes with a 13-round short magazine, and a 16-round longer magazine with the grip extension. I know that I can get 10-rounders to replace the shorter 13-round magazines, but I'd also like to replace the 16-rounders with an equivalent 10-rounder that will fit the same kind of grip extension. So is there a full-length 10-round magazine available for XDs (for purposes of sale in California) that would fit the xd-9sc with a grip extension.

Another question: what's a good .45ACP that naturally comes with a 10-round magazine, but that I can't buy in CA because of their stupid list? I may want to pick one up before heading out there.
    They do have a 10 round full size mag that you can swap the x-tension grip extender on.

...but they're ghey.

http://www.brownells.com/magazines/h...714-50884.aspx

(Bucks County)

Thanks. I saw those but wasn't sure if they would fit the same.

I agree on the sentiment, but my wife likes the gun

For my part, I'm switching to .45. I just need to pick a gun -- right now, conceptually without having shot with either, I'm considering the M&P45 and the Ruger American 45.
    Almost a LIB .... ertarian

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by rikilii View Post
    Thanks. I saw those but wasn't sure if they would fit the same.

I agree on the sentiment, but my wife likes the gun

For my part, I'm switching to .45. I just need to pick a gun -- right now, conceptually without having shot with either, I'm considering the M&P45 and the Ruger American 45.
    My wife has one too, and I wind up carrying it more than her. It's stupid accurate for it's size, I like it a lot. I just got another 16 rounder for it.

They make the Model 2 in .45. Probably has some kick to it, but it does have the "Grip Zone".