Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    (Wayne County)

Default Re: 2x pics denial, but ATF says im good to go and try again

Ron.. Xringshooter...

i just wanted to publically thnk you for all your wisdom/help, youre a asset to this community, i dont care what anyone says about you!! ROFL!!! just kiddin brother..

so heres an update fellas..

i called the sellers ffl for help on sorting this out, and he isnt being to forth coming on who the seller is.. "privilaged information" he said.. yah right..

so i told him im going to contact the ATF to sort this out for me and he offered to do it for me cause as a dealer, he would get priority treatment.. more BS

as of last night, he asked me for a couple more days cause ATF is giving him the run around.. and yet MORE BS..

im giving him till monday
    Last edited by ghost183; December 1st, 2016 at 10:17 PM.

I don't know the players, I have no additional info, but there have been instances in the past where dealers ran scams. Sometimes they sold guns they didn't have, sometimes they sold the same gun to multiple people at the same time, sometimes they did things as petty as using one buyer's $200 ATF check to pay for a different transfer.

Most of these have been some flavor of fraud, whether they wanted the free use of somebody's money for a year or two, or whether they wanted a solid buyer before they looked around to buy the gun they'd already sold (making sure that you have the serial number of the gun you're buying can eliminate that one.)

It's always one possibility among several, when things go wrong with a transfer. Could be an issue with you passing PICS. It could be an ATF screw-up. Or it could be that the dealer is scamming you.

The more that a dealer gets hazy about the details, and refuses to let you verify the details, the more likely that it's the last possibility.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Tioga County)

Quote Originally Posted by ghost183 View Post
    Ron.. Xringshooter...

i just wanted to publically thnk you for all your wisdom/help, youre a asset to this community, i dont care what anyone says about you!! ROFL!!! just kiddin brother..

so heres an update fellas..

i called the sellers ffl for help on sorting this out, and he isnt being to forth coming on who the seller is.. "privilaged information" he said.. yah right..

so i told him im going to contact the ATF to sort this out for me and he offered to do it for me cause as a dealer, he would get priority treatment.. more BS

as of last night, he asked me for a couple more days cause ATF is giving him the run around.. and yet MORE BS..

im giving him till monday
    HK51's are not cheap and at this point considering the investment I'd say you might want to hire some knowledgeable legal counsel that is familiar with all this and have them look into it.

(Wayne County)

ive done some additional research (google) and have found several reasons why a seller would and how he would back out of an NFA sale thats already started in the transfer process, and even MORE on how a trust can revert a transfer to get the gun back.

but none on a dealer doing it or reasons, good points Phil.. thanks

i have some options and developed a strategy on how im going to follow thru on this after i talk to this guy on monday

we'll see

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234