Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Need suggestions for .22 optics

I've got 2 .22 cal rifles and I want to get a pair of new scopes for them.

Right now I've got an old tasco 4x scope on my Marlin (.22mag) and a 3-9 on my 10/22.

I'm not really happy with either one. They are both acceptably clear and bright, but I think I'd like something with a little more magnification.

At the moment we are just shooting 50yd reactive type targets, spinners, can-on-a-string, clays, etc, but I know the Marlin can shoot out to 100 yards and I've got a feeling the 10/22 wouldn't do too bad at 100 yards.

I am looking at something stronger than 3-9, maybe along the lines of 6-24x40.

I found this one http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/37226-34.html on cheaperthandirt.com, its a Tasco, and I know they don't have a real great name, but at $75 it falls right in the ball park of my budget. I'm concerned about it being clear and not fuzzy or hard to focus at the higher powers.

I have a 15-45 Tasco spotting scope that is pretty much worthless beyone 50 yards, it gets fuzzy and the focus adjustment is too coarse to properly focus. But, the 4x Tasco scope I have now has not given me, or the previous owner any problems, and its probably 10 years old.

For the use I intend (50-100 yard plinking) is a Tasco scope going to be adequate? If not, is $100 or less per scope too cheap? Anyone have any other suggestions?
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Default Re: Need suggestions for .22 optics

Check out the bushnell banners. We have a 6-18x50 on our 17hmr and I like it. I've owned simmons, tasco's and bushnells (now a division of tasco) and for "cheap" optics I like the bushnells the best. But I bought a Nikon for my rem 700 and will never buy a "cheap" optic again.
    "The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil but, because of the people who do nothing about them."
    - Albert Einstein