Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Non-resident sales

Quote Originally Posted by Qtrborecrazy View Post
    I bought a 1911 in NC and had it shipped here to my ffl, did I break the law?
    Quote Originally Posted by gghbi View Post
    NO, you took delivery at a FFL in PA. If this were not true, all the internet sellers would be OOB.
    But Hilliary and the Dems say you can just buy any gun over the internet so if you want one. It has to be OK........NOT

My post saying the OP had to go to Florida to get a handgun meant he had to have it transferred in his state of residency (Florida) from an individual or FFL. You having a handgun shipped to your state THEN buying it thru an FFL in your state is OK. The firearm was in your state of residency when you bought it.

The OP being in the military and stationed in Maryland can change things residency wise but I anm not 100% sure so I will not comment on the legalities,
    Last edited by Delkal; October 16th, 2016 at 09:31 PM.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by Delkal View Post
    My post saying the OP had to go to Florida to get a handgun meant he had to have it transferred in his state of residency (Florida) from an individual or FFL. You having a handgun shipped to your state THEN buying it thru an FFL in your state is OK. The firearm was in your state of residency when you bought it.
    It's the transfer that occurs, not the sale, in the state where the actor resides.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Centre County)

Military members stationed in a state via Permanent Change of Station (PCS) orders are considered to be residents of that state even if they hold residency (their home of record or they maintain a residence in another state). The ATF recognizes this as do the states. If you are military, stationed via PCS orders in MD, as long as the handgun you are buying is legal in MD, you can buy it and have it transferred through a MD FFL (as long as they know the laws) or you can purchase one at a LGS. I do this regularly with Penn State ROTC instructors who have been assigned here by PCS orders, it's not a big deal here and PICS operators know exactly what to do when I tell them the situation.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12