Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Thoughts on CZ 75PCR

I recently picked up a used CZ75B and forgot how much I love these guns. The 75 is the most accurate gun I can shoot.....truly a tack driver. I have a stainless CZ75B in the safe that is a safe queen and I recently purchased a blued model which will be my "beater"; also have a RAMI. For the money, these guns simply cannot be beat. I would like a smaller version for carry with a decocker and I have been reading about the PCR and want to look into getting one of those next year, and would appreciate any insight from current owners. Also, performed a search on their site of dealers within 100 miles and there are not a heck of a lot. Cabela's is one, but I am not sure if I can special order there. I believe the only CZ model on the Cabela's website is the P09.
    Last edited by ShooterInPA1; October 16th, 2016 at 10:20 AM.
    The USA is now a banana republic. Only without the bananas....or the Republic.

(Mercer County)

Default Re: Thoughts on CZ 75PCR

I like mine, I have switched the slide stop to the p01 which is longer because could not reach the original. Have about 100 rounds through it no issues. I also did not like the metal mag base because it sticks out from the grip and is uncomfortable, , so switched out for Beretta 92 bases which are cheaper than cz version. I also bought 16 rd mags with the sp01 extender and they work well. http://gregcotellc.com/cart/cz-facto...19-p-1571.html

(Chester County)

I have owned and carried a CZ-75D PCR since 2000. I think it is one of the best all around 9MM's available. It is as accurate as my 75B, and extremely reliable, like all my CZ's. The PCR is about the size and weight of a G19, but more accurate (for me), and I prefer the ergos of the CZ's to just about anything else. You will not regret getting one. Find one on line (gunbroker, etc), and have it shipped to your local FFL for transfer.

(Lancaster County)

I've got an entire safe full of CZ's. The LAST one I would ever sell is my PCR. I'll never sell it. It is the culmination of everything that makes a CZ great- decocker, great grip, great trigger. Add on to that a very small loaded chamber indicator, better grip area on the slide, and an alloy frame for easier carry and it's everything you could want. I shoot my PCR extremely well and I could shoot it all day without fatigue.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by ethangsmith View Post
    I've got an entire safe full of CZ's. The LAST one I would ever sell is my PCR. I'll never sell it. It is the culmination of everything that makes a CZ great- decocker, great grip, great trigger. Add on to that a very small loaded chamber indicator, better grip area on the slide, and an alloy frame for easier carry and it's everything you could want. I shoot my PCR extremely well and I could shoot it all day without fatigue.
    I don't have a " safe full of CZ's" but I do have a 75 Pre-B, 75B, 97B, PCR, and the wonderful Kadet Kit .22 conversion. The Kadet fits on all of them except the 97B. I would have to say my favorite is the Pre-B, but the PCR is right up there for all the reasons you stated. However, I do prefer the safety to the decocker, but that's not a big deal.

(Lehigh County)

I picked up a PCR a couple of months ago (my first CZ). Love it so much I'm gonna be looking for more CZ's.
    Although obviously heavier than my Shield the PCR carries very well.

The only thing I would like to change are the sights. For my "slightly" older eyes us the sights are a tad small.

Have any of you guys replaced either or both of the sights on your PCR?

(Allegheny County)

Can someone post a pic?

I looked it up on the CZ site, but it's confusing. Says it's "like" a CZ compact, yet they SHOW a CZ Compact. ???

Confused.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot321 View Post
    I don't have a " safe full of CZ's" but I do have a 75 Pre-B, 75B, 97B, PCR, and the wonderful Kadet Kit .22 conversion. The Kadet fits on all of them except the 97B. I would have to say my favorite is the Pre-B, but the PCR is right up there for all the reasons you stated. However, I do prefer the safety to the decocker, but that's not a big deal.
    My safe full wasn't an embellishment either- I collect CZ pistols and own a dozen of them. I have a pre-B as well and the trigger is dang nice in it. That and my 82 and 83 are also really nice. But for some reason, I just shoot that PCR really, really well. The big brother to it is the CZ 75BD "POLICE" pistol and is also an excellent shooter.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Can someone post a pic?

I looked it up on the CZ site, but it's confusing. Says it's "like" a CZ compact, yet they SHOW a CZ Compact. ???

Confused.
    Here ya go. The PCR is a Compact, but is alloy framed, has different sights, a loaded chamber indicator, and is a decocker.

(Lehigh County)

Sootch00 did a nice review a few years back

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast