Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default NRA-ILA ALERT Oct 13, 2016: Email/Call Senators/Reps Last Try To Pass Preemption Law

October 13, 2016

This is a continuation of the legislation discussed at the thread
    http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=310305

Please Email and Call your Senators and Representatives NOW using the NRA-ILA form link below.
    https://www.nraila.org/articles/2016...vote-next-week

You can also find your PA Senators and Representatives contact information at the link below.
    http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/...ourlegislator/

NRA-ILA

Email Your Legislators
    And Make Your Voice Heard
    Pennsylvania: Contact your State Legislators in Support of Important Preemption Legislation

With only six days left in the 2016 legislative session, it is imperative that you contact your state legislators and urge them to support both Senate Bill 1330 and House Bill 2258.

Gun owners across the Keystone state have waited long enough for this much-needed reform as they continue to be unduly burdened by local ordinances which violate the current state firearm preemption law. Citizens with no criminal intent should not be placed in jeopardy of running afoul of local restrictions they don`t even know exist simply because they have crossed from one municipality to another.

Earlier this year, the Pennsylvania Supreme Court struck down ACT 192 – Firearm Preemption Legislation - for violation of the “single subject” rule for legislative process. Both SB 1330 and HB 2258, if again enacted into law, would strengthen Pennsylvania’s firearms preemption law to further ensure firearm and ammunition laws are consistent throughout the state.

Here are both form letters to Senators and Representatives on NRA-ILA site at the Link above.

------

Text of Email to Senators:

As your constituent, I respectfully urge you to support Senate Bill 1330.

Gun owners across the Keystone state have waited long enough for this much-needed reform as they continue to be unduly burdened by local ordinances which violate the current state firearm preemption law. Citizens with no criminal intent should not be placed in jeopardy of running afoul of local restrictions they don't even know exist simply because they have crossed from one municipality to another. SB 1330, if again enacted into law, would strengthen Pennsylvania's firearms preemption law to further ensure firearm and ammunition laws are consistent throughout the state.

Once again, I urge you to please support SB 1330. Thank you.

------

Text of Email to Representatives:

As your constituent, I respectfully urge you to support House Bill 2258.

Gun owners across the Keystone state have waited long enough for this much-needed reform as they continue to be unduly burdened by local ordinances which violate the current state firearm preemption law. Citizens with no criminal intent should not be placed in jeopardy of running afoul of local restrictions they don't even know exist simply because they have crossed from one municipality to another. HB 2258, if again enacted into law, would strengthen Pennsylvania's firearms preemption law to further ensure firearm and ammunition laws are consistent throughout the state.

Once again, I urge you to please support HB 2258. Thank you.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Bucks County)

Default Re: NRA-ILA ALERT Oct 13, 2016: Email/Call Senators/Reps Last Try To Pass Preemption

Do this! It only takes a few seconds using the link provided.

Unfortunately, my local rep is the execrable statist bloomberg puppet Santarsiero, who is one of the malignant gun control zealots in the state, so I know how he will vote (I sent the letter to him anyway). But he is in the minority, and we need to push the republican reps to get this over the top.

Default Re: NRA-ILA ALERT Oct 13, 2016: Email/Call Senators/Reps Last Try To Pass Preemption

E-mail sent!
    In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act. George Orwell

(Montgomery County)

I'll get this out in the newsletter.

(Lackawanna County)

Done.

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. Voltaire.
    America must suffer until it reaches the point that Liberty is more important than Comforts.

(Montgomery County)

Bombs away. I'll be on the phone here after I'm out of this meeting. All the employees will call too.

-Adam

(Chester County)

Email sent.

(Bucks County)

Sent and I emailed to a bunch of people---my Rep is Steve the-TURD-o so I don't expect anything from him.
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

Out-of-stater, with one parent's family in PA.

Don't fully understand PA legislative process.

Is there still a chance for this?

Seems as of today, a winning vote in PA Senate.

Is it too late for PA House?

Senate Bill 1330; Regular Session 2015-2016
    Text
    [History]
    [Votes]
    Sponsors:
    ALLOWAY, SCARNATI, RESCHENTHALER, WHITE, EICHELBERGER, WAGNER, FOLMER, BARTOLOTTA, VULAKOVICH, HUTCHINSON, RAFFERTY, GORDNER, AUMENT, MENSCH, YAW, VOGEL, STEFANO, BREWSTER, WARD and BROOKS
    Printer's No.(PN):
    1978*
    Short Title:
    An Act amending Title 53 (Municipalities Generally) of the Pennsylvania Consolidated Statutes, in preemptions, providing for regulation of firearms and ammunition.
    Actions:
    PN 1978
    Referred to LOCAL GOVERNMENT, June 24, 2016

Reported as committed, June 27, 2016

First consideration, June 27, 2016

Laid on the table, July 13, 2016

Removed from table, Sept. 26, 2016

Second consideration, Sept. 26, 2016

Third consideration and final passage, Oct. 17, 2016 (30-19)

(Remarks see Senate Journal Page ....), Oct. 17, 2016
    * denotes current Printer's Number

(Delaware County)

First time I ever did this....e mail sent.
    Don’t like me ???? Tough, I don’t give a flying f@@k about ya.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast