Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Re: Do Pennsylvania State Police have database of CCW holders for traffic stops.

Quote Originally Posted by Handyandy View Post
    They absolutely do. I got pulled over for an expired reg and the first question asked was "are you carrying tonight?"
    Yet how many background checks have you passed? And they know that yet it doesn't matter because you're not government,

(Erie County)

Default Re: Do Pennsylvania State Police have database of CCW holders for traffic stops.

Quote Originally Posted by robertceckerjr View Post
    I just saw this posted on another gun forum. I have never heard of this. Does anybody here have any insight to the veracity of this information?

http://bulletsfirst.net/2016/10/03/s...ating-the-law/
    Well, it's probably illegal to use gun sales as a registry also, but guess what.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    What am I missing here ? If the PSP didn't maintain a database of PA LTCFs, how could a LTCF (that was legally required to be shown) be confirmed as valid?
    Looking at it. Why else must we carry it?
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(York County)

Often wondered this very question in the computer age. If they have and can access and verify the info, why must I be able to "produce it upon lawful demand" or whatever bullshit it says. What is the contingency for my need to have it on my person? Drivers license as well? As a form of Id? Should be none of their business what I have and where in the first place.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot321 View Post
    Yet how many background checks have you passed? And they know that yet it doesn't matter because you're not government,
    What difference does a background check make? Cops get a background check and still go rogue.

I see reports where LTCF holders commit felonies on a monthly basis.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    Looking at it. Why else must we carry it?
    As Ronald Reagan once said "Trust but verify"

There is a possibility that a LTCF has been revoked but still in someone's possession.

I double check PA DL's. Some folks in Philly have 2 or 3.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by mosseater View Post
    Often wondered this very question in the computer age. If they have and can access and verify the info, why must I be able to "produce it upon lawful demand" or whatever bullshit it says. What is the contingency for my need to have it on my person? Drivers license as well? As a form of Id? Should be none of their business what I have and where in the first place.
    The system goes down daily and longer on weekends for maintenance. Usually in the early AM. What happens then?

(Montgomery County)

Yeah like driving into NJ with an unloaded pistol, installing a VFG on an AR pistol with a 25.9" OAL, etc.

just yanking your chain.

(Juniata County)

As Ronald Reagan once said "Trust but verify"

There is a possibility that a LTCF has been revoked but still in someone's possession.

I double check PA DL's. Some folks in Philly have 2 or 3.

Regan said that about hostile enemy country that We had engaged, and were actives fighting, in several proxy wars in every continent but Europe and Antarctic.

Not per se calling you out on that. That phrase is a pet peeve of mine.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Chester County)

What difference does a background check make? Cops get a background check and still go rogue.

Compare LTCF holder stats to the TOTAL POPULATION, then tell me which are more likely to commit violent crime.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast