Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    (York County)

Default Re: The Fantasy of Peace & Safety!

I'm bumping this thread for a re-examination of the issues now that we are facing another national election. After the disaster of the 2020 election results, the 2024 re-match is even more critically important in order to hold off a complete loss of the American Principles.

Last edited by ImminentDanger; April 12th, 2024 at 12:32 PM.

(Chester County)

The principles of individualism, self-reliance and personal responsibility.
    All those ideas are the principles the nation was founded on and are very noble indeed but the citizens of the USA are no longer in control of the government and it is running roughshod over those founding principles. Federal alphabet agencies are being used to control and terrorize the American citizen to being very afraid of their government. They are now using techniques that were developed over the years in third world countries to overthrow governments and the American citizen has now become a target for the agencies. Who is behind all of this and for what reason? The same old reasons that the founders identified at the founding of the country. Greed for power and monetary gain. When it comes to those two things there has been no change in the human existence since human existence began.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(York County)

I do not see how others who are irresponsible with their guns, are criminals or may happen to be mentally impaired should impact me as a law-abiding citizen. It always seems that in order to fix a problem it's much easier to punish all instead of calling out the violators and focusing on the individuals that have done these horrible crimes. Manipulation of what an issue is referred to such as a "Health condition" doesn*t make the crimes manifest itself into something else, the crime remains the same. I fail to see how the newest fad of calling it *Health condition* helps fix anything. It seems that in most cases where violent crimes occur there was ample opportunity to identify someone who is dangerous either to themselves or to society. Criminals who are continuously released after perpetrating gun crimes is a prime example. Tell me why I should go through a bunch hoops and additional time & expense because the government I am "supposed" to trust doesn*t do its job? There are bad people in our country that do bad things with guns. I do not dispute that and I don*t happen to be one of them nor will I ever be one, but men like me who obey the law, have respect for the law and the rights of others should not be subjected to the sorts of things these gun grabbers subscribe to.

Yes those like me are always suspicious of anti-gunner groups because of the way these groups have tried to circumvent the system to get what they want. Things like getting credit card companies to report on gun purchases are viewed by myself and those I know as sneaky, underhanded and unethical. This is just one example of why efforts to ban firearms are always defeated because the underlying reasons these anti-gun groups use to advance their agendas are never stated up front and men like me have seen the insincerity and attempt to deceive over and over. Common sense statements always mean that these groups start with a step one, that turns into their ultimate goal of a total ban or restrictions, fees and inconveniences that discourage gun purchases and ownership period.

I for one have zero faith in the Government and its intentions. No bail, no penalties for felons using guns, violent criminals set loose daily, and those things should convince me I shouldn't carry, own or use firearms? The grabbers are totally deluded.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345