Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    (Wayne County)

Default What do you think of the Century Arms C39 V2 AK

I need your opinion about buying my next firearm. Right now I have a Beretta 92FS 9mm, a 12 gauge mossberg, and an FN AR15. The election is coming up, of course I want Trump to win, but truth is Hillary is winning in many of the polls. I want to buy an AK style rifle before the election. I was debating between an AK or some kind of semi-auto rifle chambered in 7.62 NATO (.308), I'm leaning more towards the AK. I want to buy the Century Arms C39 V2, it's $850, sometimes I see it for $750 at Cabela's. Any suggestions? what do you think of this AK?

Default Re: What do you think of the Century Arms C39 V2 AK

Sorry to burst your bubble but they are crap yes it's milled however their internals are poorly casted with a bad heat treatment. Century has had a shit ton of bad press regarding their RAS-47 the only difference with that is the stamped receiver as it shares the same exact internals as the V2. Personally if you plan to do a lot of shooting milled AK's make for a shitty long day of shooting since I find them to be way to heavy.

There are much better AK's on the market for around the same price or less like the N-pap or the WASR and defiantly consider buying a used MAC90 or Romanian SAR1. Just my .02 being the owner of many AK's non of which over $750.00 and all have been excellent including my newest a DDI.

Check out AK Operators union youtube page regarding the RAS47 and how well Century builds an AK.

Late note:
    As of early 2016 Century is now using some new bull shit proprietary side rail on their AK's which will only except their fugly looking over priced side mount. I am not sure if the V2 has a side rail but if it does and you want to use it your stuck going to Century for it.
    Last edited by Hodgie; September 1st, 2016 at 11:34 AM.

(Armstrong County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Sorry to burst your bubble but they are crap yes it's milled however their internals are poorly casted with a bad heat treatment. Century has had a shit ton of bad press regarding their RAS-47 the only difference with that is the stamped receiver as it shares the same exact internals as the V2. Personally if you plan to do a lot of shooting milled AK's make for a shitty long day of shooting since I find them to be way to heavy.

There are much better AK's on the market for around the same price or less like the OPAP or the WASR and defiantly consider buying a used MAC90 or Romanian SAR1. Just my .02 being the owner of many AK's non of which over $750.00 and all have been excellent including my newest a DDI.

Check out AK Operators union youtube page regarding the RAS47 and how well Century builds an AK.

Late note:
    As of early 2016 Century is now using some new bull shit proprietary side rail on their AK's which will only except their fugly looking over priced side mount. I am not sure if the V2 has a side rail but if it does and you want to use it your stuck going to Century for it.
    X2.... Except for the milled receiver part. I've ran my sam7 through a few classes (1000 rounds each) and when I shoot at my range, I never shoot it from a bench, and I wouldn't trade that milled receiver for a stamped on any day of the week.

If you are looking for economical ak's, I would steer you towards the DDI ones

(Chester County)

The Palmetto State Armory (PSA) AK is looking to be a great rifle thus far...

"The Constitution is the guide which I will not abandon.” - George Washington

Better off inspecting and buying a WASR in person. You will save a few hundred dollars and it will last much longer. I think Wallenpaupack Sports Shop had a WASR in stock last weekend when I was there. You can also look for an OPAP but they are getting more rare and thus more expensive but those rifles are built like a brick shithouse. I have one(and a few other AKs) if you want to try it out before you decide on a rifle.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by MovingtoAmerica View Post
    Better off inspecting and buying a WASR in person. You will save a few hundred dollars and it will last much longer. I think Wallenpaupack Sports Shop had a WASR in stock last weekend when I was there. You can also look for an OPAP but they are getting more rare and thus more expensive but those rifles are built like a brick shithouse. I have one(and a few other AKs) if you want to try it out before you decide on a rifle.
    I bought 2 wasrs over the winter. The one is a great rifle and never skips a beat. It does have a slightly canted buttstock and front sight. It shoots straight though.

The other one only had a very slightly canted front sight, but is great other wise. Both rifles have never jammed.
    "The Constitution is the guide which I will not abandon.” - George Washington

(York County)

I'm another for WASR, and agree to buy in person at a place you can pick through a few and find one with perfect sights. As mentioned in another post check out ak operators unions WASR video. Not sure I would dive into the PSA AK until some more time goes by to expose any issues if they arrise. Like with the RAS47, started off with great reviews that quickly went to crap after people puts some rounds through them.

Quote Originally Posted by philadelphia patriot View Post
    I bought 2 wasrs over the winter. The one is a great rifle and never skips a beat. It does have a slightly canted buttstock and front sight. It shoots straight though.

The other one only had a very slightly canted front sight, but is great other wise. Both rifles have never jammed.
    Yea mine has a slight cant in the gasblock and sights but it is the most accurate AK I own besides my VEPR

N-PAP's for $639.99 and when you buy from Atlantic they inspect everything before it goes out.

https://www.atlanticfirearms.com/com....html?Itemid=0

(York County)

If you get a C39V2 I think you will be happy with it. Here's what I know I purchased 2 of the original C39s from Century right after they came out one for me and one for my son they both have worked perfectly the only thing I didn't like was the way to adjust the elevation using the rear sight. When they introduced the C39V2 with standard AK style front and rear sights I sold my 2 original rifles and bought 2 of the V2s these rifles have been awesome right out of the box the only thing I wish is that they would had added a side rail for mounting a scope but this is a easy fix you just need to drill and tap or rivet the receiver for a side rail and you're good to go. As for people comparing the C39V2 to a RAS well it's a little comical because they are two completely different animals. I love the trigger in the C39V2 it's way nicer than any of the AKs I have that have the Tapco G2 fire control groups in them.

Ok Now as far as the WASR rifles go they do have a better barrel than the american made rifles and if you get one that straight and has a properly hogged mag well they are pretty awesome to.

The N-Pap is a dependable rifle as well but just doesn't use standard AK furniture.

The reason the RAS get a bad rap is because Century decided to built it to their specs to save money by using a cast front trunion and some other cast parts this came back to bite them in the ass maybe someday they will learn but I doubt it.

Is you would like to try a C39V2 before you buy one you're welcome to shoot one of mine they are awesome rifles.

Good luck finding a rifle for a good price before that bitch gets into office. I think Acri's gunshop in Mechanicsburg was selling the C39V2s for right around 800 bucks out the door.

EDR
    Last edited by edritchey; September 1st, 2016 at 05:53 PM.
    Every day's a Saturday

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast