Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Clarion County)

Default Penn State football fans will see new security measures at Beaver Stadium

FYI:
    http://abc27.com/2016/08/30/penn-sta...eaver-stadium/

"Penn State this season will screen all guests at entry gates using metal detection wands "
    It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.

(Elk County)

Default Re: Penn State football fans will see new security measures at Beaver Stadium

Quote Originally Posted by cephas View Post
    FYI:

"Penn State this season will screen all guests at entry gates using metal detection wands "
    This isn't for security. PSU is checking for gold, silver, platium, etc. that could otherwise be gifted to the University.

The no backpack / purse rule arises from PSU maximizing its concession sales, and keeping puking drunks out of the stadium as much as possible. Further, there is no available space in the 1950s - dimensioned bleachers for such personal luggage. There's hardly enough space for the majority of 2016-sized PSU football fans let alone their schit. Although Beaver Stadium does offer bleacher seat backrests - the knees of the person sitting behind you.

What PSU football fans REALLY need is a high-speed interchange at I-99 and I-80 at I-80 Exit 161 so that the rest of us traveling either Interstate and who don't GAF about PSU football don't have our own travel impeded on fall Saturdays. Half of PSP Troop G wouldn't be needed for traffic control, either. C'mon, PSU alumni - you got Bud Shuster to fund I-99 for you with federal tax $$$; you can get a measly high speed interchange built for your own collective benefit.

Noah <sarcasm off>
    Last edited by Noah_Zark; August 31st, 2016 at 07:05 AM.
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Lycoming County)

Default Re: Penn State football fans will see new security measures at Beaver Stadium

Quote Originally Posted by Noah_Zark View Post
    This isn't for security. PSU is checking for gold, silver, platium, etc. that could otherwise be gifted to the University.

The no backpack / purse rule arises from PSU maximizing its concession sales, and keeping puking drunks out of the stadium as much as possible. Further, there is no available space in the 1950s - dimensioned bleachers for such personal luggage. There's hardly enough space for the majority of 2016-sized PSU football fans let alone their schit. Although Beaver Stadium does offer bleacher seat backrests - the knees of the person sitting behind you.

What PSU football fans REALLY need is a high-speed interchange at I-99 and I-80 at I-80 Exit 161 so that the rest of us traveling either Interstate and who don't GAF about PSU football don't have our own travel impeded on fall Saturdays. Half of PSP Troop G wouldn't be needed for traffic control, either. C'mon, PSU alumni - you got Bud Shuster to fund I-99 for you with federal tax $$$; you can get a measly high speed interchange built for your own collective benefit.

Noah <sarcasm off>
    Spot on for the interchange. Why the hell they didn't build it right in the first place? All that $$$ and the highest volume interchange looks like it's half finished.

I've never gone to see a game there and I think that just solidifies it, I won't ever be.

(Chester County)

FYI:

They actually started that last year after the French soccer stadium bombing

PSU will put these security measures in place and then give the screeners hell when the line doesn't move fast enough and fans miss the start of the game. The end result will be another security checkpoint where the screeners aren't really "seeing" anything because their job will be all about the smoke & mirrors while keeping spectators moving along.

FYI:

What are they looking for, pedophiles? It's about time.

Quote Originally Posted by MT1 View Post
    PSU will put these security measures in place and then give the screeners hell when the line doesn't move fast enough and fans miss the start of the game. The end result will be another security checkpoint where the screeners aren't really "seeing" anything because their job will be all about the smoke & mirrors while keeping spectators moving along.
    Like the TSA missing 97% of weapons when they tested the system!