Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: PA Senate Approves Beemer as replacement AG

Quote Originally Posted by mikelets456 View Post
    Were you able to get the NH permit? The more that legally carry the merrier.
    there's some murkiness around getting one.
    http://www.usacarry.com/new_hampshir...formation.html
    says...
    2. Non-Resident Only – A copy (front & back) of your valid concealed carry permit issued by the state, county, or town in which you reside, or a valid concealed permit issued by any other state.

but the non-resident form says...
    A non-resident pistol license will not be issues unless you supply:
    1) A copy (front & back) of your valid concealed carry license issued by the state, county, or town in which you reside.

So which is it? Am I screwed? Or am I golden to get a NH license by using my UT license?

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    says...
    2. Non-Resident Only – A copy (front & back) of your valid concealed carry permit issued by the state, county, or town in which you reside, or a valid concealed permit issued by any other state.

1) A copy (front & back) of your valid concealed carry license issued by the state, county, or town in which you reside.

So which is it? Am I screwed? Or am I golden to get a NH license by using my UT license?
    On the NJ gun forum they sent a copy of their NJ FID card or FL carry and had no problems. Also, some of them simply filled out everything with no FID or CCW and received their NH carry.

Here's the thread:

http://www.njgunforums.com/forum/ind...new-hampshire/

Here's from post #197 in the thread. he received his NH permit 5 weeks later:

Like a number of others here, I took the GFH course in the Spring of 2015 and now have my Utah and Florida Non-Resident CCW. Since I am a member of one gun range in PA, it would be very convenient to have the reciprocity afforded by also having a NH Non-Resident CCW.

So today, I sent out via USPS First Class Mail, my completed NH Non-Resident Pistol/Revolver License application, along with photocopies of my Utah CCW, NJ FID as well as my $100 check. I am in no rush to get it and assume that my application should be processed and my receipt of this CCW sometime at the end of August or early September, which is fine.

One important point that I almost missed in the application instructions:
    NH requires that you provide a copy (front & back) of your valid concealed carry license. I initially only photocopied the front of my UTAH CCW, then re-read the instructions and saw that was not sufficient and could be grounds for either a delay, at the very least or an outright denial. Thankfully, I double-checked and made the necessary photocopies front and back of the UTAH CCW, as well as my NJ FID.

AVB-AMG

Good luck!!
    Last edited by mikelets456; August 31st, 2016 at 04:34 PM.
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by mikelets456 View Post
    Were you able to get the NH permit? The more that legally carry the merrier.
    No, anyone can open carry any place in PA except Philly. Anyone with a carry license from any state can carry in their car in PA.

Reference is Title 18; 6108(b)(11)
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    There is a place like that, but William Penn made sure to put a river between us and New Jersey, to keep out those hoplophobic riffraff.
    There is NO evidence of widespread journalistic integrity.

(Lancaster County)

Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    says...

A recent ruling from the NH Supreme Court struck down the home (or any other for that matter) state requirement for the NH CCW. You do not need a CCW anymore to get one from NH, but they probably haven't updated the applications yet.

Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    He's only on the job for 3 months. We have to vote for John Rafferty!

Hopefully he gets in and reverses all of Kane's illegal acts against the 2A and reciprocity cancellations.
    That's the big question. My guess is at best he'll do nothing and leave everything as is, so those out of staters w/o reciprocity looking to CCW in PA will go to NH.

Quote Originally Posted by press1280 View Post
    A recent ruling from the NH Supreme Court struck down the home (or any other for that matter) state requirement for the NH CCW. You do not need a CCW anymore to get one from NH, but they probably haven't updated the applications yet.
    Smart move. Those $100 checks are going to be rolling into NH coffers.
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    There is a place like that, but William Penn made sure to put a river between us and New Jersey, to keep out those hoplophobic riffraff.
    There is NO evidence of widespread journalistic integrity.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12