Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 6 round magazine to 7

I have a Kahr CM9 and the flush magazine holds 6 rounds. Is there a way to modify the flush magazine to hold 7 rounds? By changing the internal parts, the spring? I don't want to use an extended pinky grip. Thanks in advance for info.

(Jefferson County)

Default Re: 6 round magazine to 7

I don't know about the Kahr, but some mags you can trim the follower a little to squeeze in 1 more round. My Beretta Bobcat 21A .25acp was able to be mod'd, so were a number of other "Ring of Fire" guns that I had. A 1911 Govt can be too.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

Magguts makes a kit for kahr .380s, maybe you can contact them about compatibility with 9mm mags.

http://magguts.com/shop/kahr-380

(Lancaster County)

I never realized that can be done. Interesting. I found that with my PM9 I need the seven round mag or the pistol butt dips below my waistline. My iwb holster only has one clip and it's to the left of the gun as it sits in my waist band on my right side. Now a seven round to eight is something to think about.
    DDG-8 "Sine Timore"

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by bripro View Post
    I never realized that can be done. Interesting. I found that with my PM9 I need the seven round mag or the pistol butt dips below my waistline. My iwb holster only has one clip and it's to the left of the gun as it sits in my waist band on my right side. Now a seven round to eight is something to think about.

Are you going to hit it with a hammer?
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by bripro View Post
    I wouldn't mind bumping my magazine up to 7+1. Most engagements end in 8 rounds so that's why I would be interested in having 1 more round in the 6 round standard mag in my nano.

Mugguts looks like a great product. Sold out in the LCP unfortunately.

Speaking of...I bought a 7-round mag for it...I cannot get the 7th-round in, even with a mag loader. What's up with that? I like the pinky extension on it at least, but it's not a 7-round mag, Should call Ruger I guess.

Just a word of caution, my friend got the magguts kit for his Glock 42 & could not get through a mag without hang ups when running any extended base plates.

I am pretty sure they advise against it anyway but he tried & that was the result. They are great if you just want an extra round without added length.
    Last edited by itchinesu; September 1st, 2016 at 12:53 PM.

(Montgomery County)

For a carry gun I wouldn't do any kitchen gun smithing on my magazines. Unless you test them extensively. I have a vickers +2 for my G43 that is reliable. It's very hard to get the 8th round in. I keep 1 in the chamber and 7 in the magazine. The 8th is a little too tight for my liking. It functions fine. For 1 round I wouldn't be cutting Springs though. Unless it's a range gun or something
    -=pardon me while I burn and rise above the flames=-

Quote Originally Posted by itchinesu View Post
    Just a word of caution, my friend got the magguts kit for his Glock 42 & could not get through a mag without hang ups when running any extended base plates.

I am pretty sure they advise against it anyway but he tried & that was the result. They are great if you just want an extra round without added length.
    Do you mean that he tried the Magguts plus an extended base plate to increase the magazine to an 8 rounder? I would guess the spring wasn't strong enough to do that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast