Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: Toomey Crosses Gun-Rights Divide In Pennsylvania Senate Race

The primary was the time to replace Toomey. There was no one. Now we are stuck with him or McGinty. I'll vote against her rather than being stuck with her for six years. For those who can't stand voting for Toomey you have 6 years to find a suitable candidate capable of winning. With all the gun owners and hunters in PA you would think we could do better.

(Cumberland County)

Unfortunately this is a lot like our presidential race. One candidate is meh, but the other is atrocious. In a liberal leaning state like ours we don't have the luxury of abstaining. If you don't vote you put more weight on the votes for the liberal. This is the way we lose our gun rights. Vote for the lesser of two evils because no write in campaign has a prayer of winning. If you choose not to vote or you write in another candidate you are effectively voting for the Democrat.

Just food for thought.

(Wayne County)

The only thing I can hope for is, Toomey wins and gets bitch slapped by McConnell. It would be harder to get rid of McGinty after 6 years than Toomey.

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by velocibadgery View Post
    If you choose not to vote or you write in another candidate you are effectively voting for the Democrat.
    And if you vote for the Republican you're still voting for a Democrat.

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by c45man View Post
    Apparently the republicans nor the democrats take seriously the millions of firearm owners in this state. Listening to the ads from Mcginty and Toomey, one would think they were being aired in MA., CA, or N.J. Placed together, the political messages sound like a game of "who could top this". Who can come up with a more radical anti gun ownership political ad. Maybe the collective gun owners' vote in Pa. should not be taken seriously, after all, we have bobbi jr as the other anti gun senator who went as far as voting for the U.N. Small Arms Treaty. Talk about a disconnected millions of gun owners that I suppose would only agree to jump on the hoarding of ammo bandwagon.

As many Italians would say, "No Respect". There was a time that political candidates from Pa. on the national and state level would at least pay lip service to the 2nd amendment, even before Heller and McDonald. Political consultant Christopher Nicholas sums it up in his perspective. "Toomey's move to the middle on gun rights should win over more voters than he loses". Is it possible, or are the collective gun owners moving more to the "middle" as he puts it?
    Why should they take PA gun owners seriously?
    More than half are Fudds and of those many are dyed in the wool Democrats who think the libtards running the New Democrat party are going to bring back Union steel jobs and despite what Obama and Hillary admit to, will bring back their precious UMWA jobs...

In short, PA gun owners do not stand up or together.
    Why worry about such a group?

(Bucks County)

Any group is divided. How many religions are there, and subsets thereof, all designed to connect with the same god. It's more complex than that. I think you can measure the state of the union by the caliber of candidates. When decent people avoid reaching for the reins, it tells something about the status.

(Chester County)

I see in the latest American Rifleman magazine from the NRA, they list 12 states we can not absolutely afford to lose for Senate. Toomey/Pa is not one of them. Has he incurred their wrath with his idiotic pandering of liberal anti-gun nuts? Seems like they think Pa is lost, or not worth fighting for, with the present two candidates.

(Lackawanna County)

"[...] In a blow to McGinty's campaign, two prominent gun-control activists, billionaire Michael Bloomberg and former Democratic congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords, endorsed Toomey. Bloomberg's political action committee even poured $4 million into Pennsylvania in recent weeks — primarily for TV ads — to support Toomey. [....]"

I was inclined to hold my nose and vote for Toomey but seeing that Bloomberg *and* Giffords are endorsing him is causing me to reconsider.

I would imagine that Bloomberg's $4 million campaign donation will leave Toomey even less gun-friendly in a second term than he has been during this term. He will be taking Bloomberg's telephone calls. From my experience, his office doesn't even pick up the phone to take constituent calls.

Ultimately, we each have to decide if it's worth risking the McGinty win which might result from sending a message to other "moderately gun-control" Republicans.

(Bucks County)

Now the traitor is up 46% - 39% in the most recent poll.

http://media.wix.com/ugd/3bebb2_865e...7d7834766c.pdf
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

(Susquehanna County)

I would rather vote for Toomey and retain a REPUBLICAN majority in the Senate. Madness perhaps but I was really hoping Ungawa or one of the trustworthy guys from the forum would oppose him in the primary but it didn't happen.

We already know we can't trust Toomey but that can be dealt with as long as there's a Republican majority. If the Senate is lost to Democrats, just imagine what damage Associate Justice of the Supreme Court Barack H. Obama or Wm. J. Clinton or Chief Justice Sonja Sotomayor can do!

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast