Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Berks County)

Default ISSC FDE .22lr SCAR

Tanners posted they are getting a bunch of these in next week for sale at $239.00. Hell, at that price, I put my name in for one. Have seen some good reviews. Looks like a fun plinker.

Too good to pass up..................
    A Republic, if you can keep it.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: ISSC FDE .22lr SCAR

When these were first announced, I was bonkers to get one. But like it or not, I had to wait. Good thing as it really didn't get all the glowing reports I had expected for a cheap-to-shoot SCAR replica, and was basically a "shell" with a .22LR action inside a la GSG5. Have you checked RFC for reviews of these?

If you want cool and reliable, someone was making a G36 body kit for the Ruger 10/22. Works great and can take Ruger's own hi-cap.

OTOH, if you have the ducats, the purpose-built SIG522 is so fine you could take it to war.
    All of my guns are lubed with BACON GREASE.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by nfafan View Post
    When these were first announced, I was bonkers to get one. But like it or not, I had to wait. Good thing as it really didn't get all the glowing reports I had expected for a cheap-to-shoot SCAR replica, and was basically a "shell" with a .22LR action inside a la GSG5. Have you checked RFC for reviews of these?

If you want cool and reliable, someone was making a G36 body kit for the Ruger 10/22. Works great and can take Ruger's own hi-cap.

OTOH, if you have the ducats, the purpose-built SIG522 is so fine you could take it to war.
    Yep, get the Sig 522, I hear the SCAR 22 isn't all that good. I have the Sig and it eats any 22 ammo.

(Montgomery County)

The HK MP5-22 is a sweet 22 plinker as well. I like it better than the GSG 22.

(Berks County)

I am going to risk it and get it. Have seen good and bad reviews. I like the SCAR. Hope to get one eventually............So......I can plink with this one until then. Will also buy the STG-44 plinker when I find a good deal on that.

(Pike County)

I have one in black, bought it when they first came out.. Comes with ONE mag, do some shopping they are not cheap or easy to get. They do not use run of the mill mags like blackdog etc.

link to best price I found, If I recall only place with in stock as well..

https://www.cdnnsports.com/magazines...ufacturer=ISSC

Snert.

PS. I put a cheap red dot on it, the factory flip up's have a weak spring .

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Snert View Post
    I have one in black, bought it when they first came out.. Comes with ONE mag, do some shopping they are not cheap or easy to get. They do not use run of the mill mags like blackdog etc.

link to best price I found, If I recall only place with in stock as well..

https://www.cdnnsports.com/magazines...ufacturer=ISSC

Snert.

PS. I put a cheap red dot on it, the factory flip up's have a weak spring .
    Mine came with two mags. One FDE, one black. I replaced the sights with Magpul FDE flip ups. Much, much better.

(Pike County)

Someplace there was a review of these .22 rifles.

Guy did a good video and then at the end throws it on the ground drives over it with a chevy Tahoe , picks it up and shoots it. Kind of cool to see being the price point and all.

there's a company like Kentucky gun works or similar name that makes a thread adapter for suppressors for the ISSC rifle.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Berks_Iraq_Vet View Post
    Mine came with two mags. One FDE, one black. I replaced the sights with Magpul FDE flip ups. Much, much better.
    Yep, 2 mags and ordered 2 more from CDNN -- think it only took 2 days to get them. I broke the plastic sight tool the first time I used it -- was shooting high at 50 yards. Managed to push the detent/plunger down so now it won't come back up but hey no biggie and what do you expect for cheap sights -- probably just do a quick 50 yard zero check on next range trip and place a drop of super glue on the stock front sight to hold it in place. I'm thinking about putting a Bushnell TRS-25 on it. Very fun rifle with excellent accuracy for the price. Only weird thing is having to use an empty mag to drop the hammer when finished.