I just wanted to let everyone on here know about David Eccles. He is a stand up guy and a fantastic gunsmith. I first called him about a week ago I was having issues with my Remington 3200. The gun was misfiring on the bottom barrel about 1 in 6 shots. I called a few gunsmiths in the area I will not mention names but everyone said they either do not work on shotguns or would not touch a Remington 3200. I called Dave he said he was familiar with the gun and would gladly look it over for me. Set a time for the following day that worked around my work schedule. I spent about two hours in his shop shooting the breeze, he took the stock off right then and there so we could look inside the receiver. He gave me a little on the background of the gun and him as a gunsmith. I told him my concerns about the gun and I didn't want to sink a ton of money into it because I thought I paid market value on the gun. He gave me a quick appraisal for free while I waited he pulled out the values book and I was pleasantly surprised to find I paid well below market value. He told me he would call me in a few days to give me an update on the gun. A few days went by I get a phone call and he tells me my gun is ready to be picked up. He found a pin that was sunken in about a 1/8th an inch that was causing the hammer to not fall with full force thus sometimes causing misfires. So we set up a time for me to pick the gun up the following day. I told him I had a few other guns I wanted to bring by and get his opinion on. The next day I show up with my four year old son and a few other guns he was very good with my son allowed him to play around while we talked business. He fully detailed the gun and cleaned the stock and all, the gun looks better then new IMO. He charged me for 1.5 hours labor that included the full detail of the gun finding the problem and all the research that went into diagnosing the gun. In case you do not know the Remington 3200 was incredibly over engineered and Remington completely switched receivers mid run on the gun. All info from Remington has the earlier version or later versions of the gun. So understandably to fully strip the gun there is a bit of a learning curve considering they stopped production of the gun in1984 and very little material on the gun is available.
Anyhow I have another Remington over and under I wanted his opinion on. The gun has a few thousand rounds through it and they are not known for the reliability so I wanted to see if I should do a overhaul of springs and everything on the inside of the gun. He stripped it down and checked it out on the spot and informed me that it is not as worn as I first though and there is no need for me to do an overhaul at this time. Then I brought an old Franchi semi auto I wanted to see if he could install choke tubes into it. The stock is pretty beat up even chipped in someplace he told me how to correct the stock issues and even gave me a few pieces of wood to fix the chip on my own. He measured the the barrel and it is not thick enough to thread for standard chokes. He told me to pattern it and we can go from there with opening the choke a little to a mod or maybe a little more open like a skeet 2.
In my opinion that's honesty right there. He could have taken my money and overhauled my other over and under and he could have just widen the choke on my Franchi and gotten me out the door but he didn't. He asked some questions about what I wanted to use the gun for etc. And the fact he told me all of this for no additional charge is amazing to me he even gave me a few pieces of wood so I can attempt to fix the Franchi stock on my own. I had told him I had refinished a few 22 stocks and would like the opportunity to fix that one. He even offered to give me some tips and pointers if I needed it. So if your in the Delaware county area he is your guy very reasonable on prices and local. He is a few miles past the Duffers on rt. 352. I do understand he plans to move to Maryland right across the Pa border not sure when though and he told me he will still make a weekly trip to field and stream to meet customers to drop off or pick up guns.

His info as it states on his card
David Eccles
Antique Firearms, Sales and Appraisals, Gunsmith
#410 991 0592
westown95@gmail.com