Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Milsurp rifles

Default Milsurp rifles

So I'm headed out tomorrow in search of an enfield rifle. Where are the shops to go for these? I'm going to be headed to philly to locks as I've heard they have an excellent collection of these.
    I've been to sarco a few times and haven't been impressed with what they offer for the most part.
    Anybody know of some good places for these?

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Milsurp rifles

Sometime earlier this week somebody had an Enfield for sale in the PAFOA classifieds.
    I would take a look there.
    Good luck

(Lehigh County)

Are you looking for a 1914/1917 Enfield or a Short Magazine Lee Enfield (SMLE) ?? If you are looking for a SMLE.which variant are you looking for?
    I will assume you want a full military configuration and not a sporterized one.

Within the last week or so, I stopped at Straight Shooters in Perkiomenville on Rt 29 and he had a good rack of milsurps, but not sure about Enfields, might want to give him a call. There is a gun show up at Split Rock this weekend, may want to wander in there. I don't know Locks, might have to check it out myself.

Good luck!

Looking for an SMLE no4mk1 possibly a no3 but nothing sporterized. All original not even refinished.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by *Klutch* View Post
    Looking for an SMLE no4mk1 possibly a no3 but nothing sporterized. All original not even refinished.
    There were three similar items that went off last week (Saturday) at Horst Auctions in Ephrata, PA

Here are the lot descriptions:

118. Lithgow Model No. 1 SMLE Mark III. Serial # A13499. .303 British caliber bolt action rifle built in Australia in 1918. 25" barrel with an excellent bore. 10 round detachable magazine. This rifle was through some sort of rebuild program as it is in excellent unused condition. The metal is a greyish Parkerized type finish. The stock and handguards are finished with an oil finish and snow no wear. Multiple proofs are visible on the bottom of the stock and on the bottom of the forward handguard. There is a matching set of numbers on the receiver and bolt and also on the butt socket and bolt. Action works fine and the gun is complete including canvas sling. Please see the pictures to get a better idea of the condition. (C&$). Note: Hammer price was $525.

190. Lithgow Model No. 1 SMLE Mark III. Serial #E29894. .303 British caliber bolt action rifle built in Australia in 1942. 25" barrel with excellent bore. 10 round detachable magazine. This rifle was through some sort of rebuild program and it is in excellent unused condition. The metal is a greyish Parkerized type finish. The stock and handguards are finished with an oil finish and snow no wear. Multiple proofs are visible on the bottom of the stock and on the bottom of the forward handguard although they are not too sharp. There is a matching set of numbers on the receiver and bolt and also on the butt socket and bolt. Action works fine and the gun is complete including canvas sling. Please see the pictures to get a better idea of the condition. (C&R) Note: Hammer price was $525.

199. Long Branch - I.A.C. Model No. 4 MK 1. Serial # 15L6217. .303 British caliber bolt action rifle made in Canada in 1942. 25" barrel with an excellent bore. 10 round detachable magazine. 90% plus of the arsenal finish remains on the metal with the usual military type wear. The walnut stock and handguard are in (very) good condition with (minor) dings and scratches. Bolt matches receiver. Action works fine. Gun is complete as issued. (C&R) Note: Hammer price was $500.

FWIW, at the July 2016 PAFOA central shoot, I had the opportunity to shoot "QMCorp's" .303 and couldn't miss with it - which is very bad, because I caught the bug.

So I bought Lots 190 and 199 (and both lots were in better condition than described)...
    Last edited by bamboomaster; August 13th, 2016 at 08:21 AM.
    - bamboomaster

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by *Klutch* View Post
    This is going to be tough to find. And expensive if you do find it.

(Chester County)

Call Surplus City in Feasterville. They're right outside NE Philly.
    "The Constitution is the guide which I will not abandon.” - George Washington

(Philadelphia County)

Surplus City should have a few Jungle Carbines. Tanner's in Jamison might have an Enfield, American Arms & Ammo in Colmar might also have one.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by bamboomaster View Post
    There were three similar items that went off last week (Saturday) at Horst Auctions in Ephrata, PA

Here are the lot descriptions:

118. Lithgow Model No. 1 SMLE Mark III. Serial # A13499. .303 British caliber bolt action rifle built in Australia in 1918. 25" barrel with an excellent bore. 10 round detachable magazine. This rifle was through some sort of rebuild program as it is in excellent unused condition. The metal is a greyish Parkerized type finish. The stock and handguards are finished with an oil finish and snow no wear. Multiple proofs are visible on the bottom of the stock and on the bottom of the forward handguard. There is a matching set of numbers on the receiver and bolt and also on the butt socket and bolt. Action works fine and the gun is complete including canvas sling. Please see the pictures to get a better idea of the condition. (C&$). Note: Hammer price was $525.

190. Lithgow Model No. 1 SMLE Mark III. Serial #E29894. .303 British caliber bolt action rifle built in Australia in 1942. 25" barrel with excellent bore. 10 round detachable magazine. This rifle was through some sort of rebuild program and it is in excellent unused condition. The metal is a greyish Parkerized type finish. The stock and handguards are finished with an oil finish and snow no wear. Multiple proofs are visible on the bottom of the stock and on the bottom of the forward handguard although they are not too sharp. There is a matching set of numbers on the receiver and bolt and also on the butt socket and bolt. Action works fine and the gun is complete including canvas sling. Please see the pictures to get a better idea of the condition. (C&R) Note: Hammer price was $525.

199. Long Branch - I.A.C. Model No. 4 MK 1. Serial # 15L6217. .303 British caliber bolt action rifle made in Canada in 1942. 25" barrel with an excellent bore. 10 round detachable magazine. 90% plus of the arsenal finish remains on the metal with the usual military type wear. The walnut stock and handguard are in (very) good condition with (minor) dings and scratches. Bolt matches receiver. Action works fine. Gun is complete as issued. (C&R) Note: Hammer price was $500.

FWIW, at the July 2016 PAFOA central shoot, I had the opportunity to shoot "QMCorp's" .303 and couldn't miss with it - which is very bad, because I caught the bug.

So I bought Lots 190 and 199 (and both lots were in better condition than described)...
    Here are the pics for Lot 190 (Lithgow Model) and Lot 199 (Long Branch Model):

Lithgow Model No. 1 SMLE Mark III (2).jpgLong Branch IAC Model No 4 MK I 1.1 (2).jpg
    - bamboomaster

Quote Originally Posted by borekfk View Post
    Surplus City should have a few Jungle Carbines. Tanner's in Jamison might have an Enfield, American Arms & Ammo in Colmar might also have one.
    Jungle carbines are excellent but all to often many of them are reproductions and some are done really well so you really have to know what your looking at.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast