Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Air guns. I wish they were legal to hunt with in PA.

Being that I was once prohibited from owning firearms in Pa I started looking into air guns as a possible option for hunting. What I discovered is that there are air guns on the market capable of taking just about any game animal on earth with the exception of a few. Unfortunately, Pa is one of two states that doesn't allow them to be used for anything including small game which really sucks. I can legally own firearms now but my fascination with air guns and hunting with them continues. I think they are interesting weapons with much potential. They even make air shotguns now. I wonder what needs to be down to convince legislators and the PGC to change their stance on air guns. I guess enough people just haven't shown interest in them yet.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Air guns. I wish they were legal to hunt with in PA.

Sorry. It had to be done.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

I got shot in the hand with a pellet gun when I was around 11 or 12. For some reason it didn't hurt at all but blood was gushing out of my hand. I bandaged the wound and thought nothing off it. About a week later my hand was swollen and pus was coming out of the wound. I could see the led pellet being pushed out. I dug it out with my pocket knife. I later got revenge on the friend who shot me by shooting him in the shin. He screamed like a girl and his mom took him to the ER to have the BB cut out of his leg. What a bitch. And that's just what kids did back then in rural America. We tortured each other. Videos games were just coming on the scene so our imaginations weren't ruined like kids today.

(Lancaster County)

I'd love to be able to buy a reproduction of this one...

OP, I agree with you. PA hunting laws need to be updated from air rifles to semi auto for hunting purposes. I have a .357/9mm air rifle that would be fun to hunt with, but not in PA.

They have air guns capable of taking everything in PA except maybe bear. Even if they legalized them for small game and varmits that would be good enough. The average spring-piston 177 or 22 air gun is plenty powerful enough for small game and reasonable distances.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by 4thdimension View Post
    I got shot in the hand with a pellet gun when I was around 11 or 12. For some reason it didn't hurt at all but blood was gushing out of my hand. I bandaged the wound and thought nothing off it. About a week later my hand was swollen and pus was coming out of the wound. I could see the led pellet being pushed out. I dug it out with my pocket knife. I later got revenge on the friend who shot me by shooting him in the shin. He screamed like a girl and his mom took him to the ER to have the BB cut out of his leg. What a bitch. And that's just what kids did back then in rural America. We tortured each other. Videos games were just coming on the scene so our imaginations weren't ruined like kids today.
    Today, you would both be charged with felonies. Either unlawful wounding, or malicious wounding. In fact, a person under eighteen may not even use an air rifle unless with an adult.
    Last edited by SevenMilePete; August 10th, 2016 at 11:31 AM.

(Chester County)

I have a couple of spring piston air pistols that I bought in the early 90's to shoot in the basement. A Webley Tempest, and Beeman P1. Both are excellent, and still shoot very well. They are good for training new shooters, and just fun to shoot off the back deck at tin cans, etc.
    Last edited by Pilot321; August 10th, 2016 at 11:53 AM.

(Bucks County)

Lived near a railroad, 6th and Boulevard vicinity, Philly. The Courtland Street gang v. the Luray Street gang shot BB rifles at each other at predetermined times during BB gun wars, separated by the railroad below. All continued through life with binocular vision.

Quote Originally Posted by SevenMilePete View Post
    Today, you would both be charged with felonies. Either unlawful wounding, or malicious wounding. In fact, a person under eighteen may not even use an air rifle unless with an adult.
    Heck, they may have even accused us of terrorism and attempted murder. I am still friends with that guy. In fact we're practically family now.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast