Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Anyone else see the new Primary Arms 1-8X?

Like always, PA sent me another email of things I want but can't and/or shouldn't buy due to other things that need to be paid for. But this REALLY caught my eye and even more so considering the price.

http://www.primaryarms.com/pa1-8x24s...sfp-acss-5.56/

We took our popular 1-6x variable scope back to the lab, and the engineers crammed in even more magnification. Now it’s a 1-8x! Look through it and you’ll find the patented ACSS® reticle combining bullet drop compensation, wind holds and moving target leads in one easy to use system. The second focal plane design is simple and strong. The ACSS reticle stays the same size regardless of power setting, so you'll need to crank it up to 8x magnification to use its advanced features. This scope is very fast and instinctive from 0 – 300 yards, and very precise from 300-800 yards.

The brightness knob on the left side of the tube illuminates the center reticle through 12 brightness settings using the included CR2032 battery. This tough scope is waterproof, fog resistant, and covered by a 3-year warranty. Flip up caps are included, and a “cat tail” scope lever is available from 3 Gun Stuff (product code GS-460).

Default Re: Anyone else see the new Primary Arms 1-8X?

They have two new 1x8's the FFP version is really nice but carries a $1300.00 price tag which is actually much lower probably by more then half then any of it's other competition.

(Chester County)

got the email too, I have been on the fence for some new optics so looking forward to reading some reviews.

(Cumberland County)

These have been on Amazon for about a month so there should be a review coming up soon from somewhere. I think Mrgunsngear posted on FB that he ordered one the day they appeared on Amazon to compare with the more expensive one.

(Centre County)

I wish they had different reticle(s) to choose from. That one is a tad busy for my eyes.....
    I don't watch shark week. Sharks watch FLICK week.

(Chester County)

Check out the SWFA scopes. The glass is really nice, and the prices are reasonable. I have the 1-4 on my M4.

Quote Originally Posted by FLICK View Post
    I wish they had different reticle(s) to choose from. That one is a tad busy for my eyes.....
    Have you seen one in person? The ACSS is one of the easiest reticles to use especially on their FFP scopes but it translates well onto everything else too. Trijicon picked it up for the ACOG as well as the military because of it's excellent easy to use ranging ability.

(Bucks County)

Interesting. First thing I thought of is what does it weigh, they list at 16 oz. similar to my 1-4x Vortex.

(Bucks County)

I saw it but I didn't get too excited. The only experience I've had with a PA scope is with one of their 1-4Xs. The eyebox was so tight on that scope that I just grew to hate it. Granted, it was only around 100 bucks but it had so many good reviews I figured I'd give it a shot. I'm sorry I did. That was the scope that made me realize there's no miracle deals when it comes to optics. You get what you pay for. Maybe this scope will be a better deal, who knows?

Optics and their construction have come a long way due to current manufacturing. PA offers a lot for the money with options with compareable performance to Vortex, higher end Bushnell, Burris and even taking on the high end red dots with the their advanced red dot micro.

unless your shooting Percision matches or one member of a two man sniper team there isn't much need to spend triple your rifle budget on your optic anymore. PA, Burris, and Nikon have all proven this over the last 3 years.

This all being said you can't expect more then what's being offered at the purchase price. Up your $100 budget to $275-$350 and you will see a huge difference with PA.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast