Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Anybody here any good with Microsoft Access

I have a project I am working on for work and it was written in Access. I have no problem opening it at work. If I try to open it on my laptop I get "Error in kc_Decrypt (2): 5 - Invalid procedure call or argument". When open the file on mt laptop the security warning comes up warning me that the file may contain code intended to harm you computer, then when I click ok to open the file, since I know what it is and that it's safe to open, I get Error in kc_Decrypt (2): 5 - Invalid procedure call or argument. If I push OK 47 times the error goes away and the file opens. The once it opens, when I try to use any of the functions of the database, the same error comes back up. Any help you can lend will greatly appreciated.

Default Re: Anybody here any good with Microsoft Access

Good enough to stopped using M$ crap. I use Open Office, and found it handdled issues better than M$ did. Even with M$ files.

Check it out.

tom

P.S. Are you working with tables directly, or forms/views? Sounds like a kc_Decrypt might be trying to divide something by a letter, etc.
    Last edited by Mr_Tom; August 23rd, 2008 at 05:52 PM.
    Everyday, Love your Wife. She might love you back twice that day. :D

Quote Originally Posted by hower610 View Post
    I have a project I am working on for work and it was written in Access. I have no problem opening it at work. If I try to open it on my laptop I get "Error in kc_Decrypt (2): 5 - Invalid procedure call or argument".
    There may be libraries installed at work that are not installed on your home PC/Laptop.

(Erie County)

If I am not mistaken, kc_Decrypt is a third part encrytion algorithm.

You might need a security certificate or key file installed on your laptop for the encrypt/decrypt to work properly.

Not really an ACESS issue. But poor error handling by the developer if what I suspect is true.

I have been developing ACCESS since first release in 92' While it has it quirks, it has made me a ton of money. Yep, I am one of tose folks riding on Bill Gates' coat tails.

Quote Originally Posted by tourrider View Post
    If I am not mistaken, kc_Decrypt is a third part encrytion algorithm.
    I believe you are correct, I've seen similar problems with Access ... here's a suggestion that may or may not work. Download Open Office ( www.openoffice.org ) and just install the "Calc" part of it (that's their version of Access, then try and open the file using it..

Reason I am thinking this is because the file may have been created and encoded in Open Office (it can open and save Access files with the same extension... give it a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by dc dalton View Post
    I believe you are correct, I've seen similar problems with Access ... here's a suggestion that may or may not work. Download Open Office ( www.openoffice.org ) and just install the "Calc" part of it (that's their version of Access, then try and open the file using it..

Reason I am thinking this is because the file may have been created and encoded in Open Office (it can open and save Access files with the same extension... give it a shot.

I tried the Open Office stuff and that did not work, thanks for the site though. It will come in handy for my other computer.

(Monroe County)

yeah it definately sounds like a feature or service is missing from your laptop. Talk to your IT guys, probably missing a file or have the wrong version of Access
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    yeah it definately sounds like a feature or service is missing from your laptop. Talk to your IT guys, probably missing a file or have the wrong version of Access
    I have seen this database open on Access 2000 and 2007.