Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default Re: new executive order on gun control

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    Law is supposed to be evenly applied. When one is found to have had no intent and decision to not prosecute is based on that lack of intent, intent and lack of intent should be a consideration for all. It goes beyond a "she did it too". It goes to the equal protection under the law.
    I agree with everything you have said. The cold truth is the law is evenly applied when you have money to defend yourself. Problem for me and most 'smiths is lack of funds for defense.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by guncrank View Post
    I agree with everything you have said. The cold truth is the law is evenly applied when you have money to defend yourself. Problem for me and most 'smiths is lack of funds for defense.
    The gunsmiths will not be funding this fight. The very future of the vast aftermarket firearms parts industry hangs in the balance and they will no doubt be funding this battle wherever it goes.

If this stretch of the law is not a wakeup call for voting pro 2nd amendment, I do not know what is. If the skank gets in, don't blame the left, blame the 93 million firearm owners for not voting, or for whatever reason, would vote for the pathological liar. With our numbers, even cut in half, we should be the king makers as single issue voters. This considering like minded 45 million voters along with those non gun owners that would not support a leftist candidate.

How many tens of thousands of dollars did the ATF spend to screw a guy that had a piece of metal that was too short? Oh and also murder his wife, child and killed his dog. They have no budget and nothing else to do but come after us.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by c45man View Post
    The gunsmiths will not be funding this fight. The very future of the vast aftermarket firearms parts industry hangs in the balance and they will no doubt be funding this battle wherever it goes.

If this stretch of the law is not a wakeup call for voting pro 2nd amendment, I do not know what is. If the skank gets in, don't blame the left, blame the 93 million firearm owners for not voting, or for whatever reason, would vote for the pathological liar. With our numbers, even cut in half, we should be the king makers as single issue voters. This considering like minded 45 million voters along with those non gun owners that would not support a leftist candidate.
    Here's a group that always votes for the big D, unions. This blows me away. Guys that are pro gun, hunters and lap the Democrats balls because their union tells them to. They are a bunch of entitled fucks. Unions are a cancer. The idea that you should get a raise every year because you show up for work makes me sick. If I'm unhappy with my job I find a new one, I don't go on strike.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

This can be overthrown by Congress.

Congressional Recourse

If Congress does not like what the executive branch is doing, it has two main options. First, it may rewrite or amend a previous law, or spell it out in greater detail how the Executive Branch must act. Of course, the President has the right to veto the bill if he disagrees with it, so, in practice, a 2/3 majority if often required to override an Executive Order.

Congress is less likely to challenge EOs that deal with foreign policy, national defense, or the implementation and negotiation of treaties, as these are powers granted largely to the President by the Constitution. As the Commander-in-Chief of the armed forces, the President is also considered the nation's "Chief Diplomat." In fact, given national security concerns, some defense or security related EOs (often called National Security Directives or Presidential Decision Directives) are not made public.

Contributing Author: Jeffrey C. Fox, Catawba College
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Lehigh County)

ITAR was originally implemented to keep military secrets from leaving the country. Even if by accident. Item for control were pt on the U.S. Munitions List (USML). Any entity manufacturing an item on the USML needed to be ITAR registered and comply with the regulations so military secrets could not leave the country. Permits were required to ship anything outside the USA. The issue is that many of the items on the USML are no longer military secrets, think of 9mm ammo, bolt action rifles, your favorite 1911, any rifle or pistol part and the list can go on. The DDTC ( Directorate of Defense Trade Controls) still administers ITAR as if those items are some sort of military secret. So the part time gunsmith now has to abide by the same regulations as General Dynamics or Boeing or GE or any huge defense contractor. Compliance with ITAR regulations would be overwhelming for a small shop.
    The only way to cut all of this off at the knees for good is to have the non secret items on the USML removed from the USML so they would no longer be under the control of DDTC. If you are not doing business associated with anything on the USML then you would not be required to register for ITAR. But I doubt a government agency would give up a tax or fee. Certainly not one this big.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Daycrawler View Post
    This can be overthrown by Congress.

Congressional Recourse

If Congress does not like what the executive branch is doing, it has two main options. First, it may rewrite or amend a previous law, or spell it out in greater detail how the Executive Branch must act. Of course, the President has the right to veto the bill if he disagrees with it, so, in practice, a 2/3 majority if often required to override an Executive Order.

Congress is less likely to challenge EOs that deal with foreign policy, national defense, or the implementation and negotiation of treaties, as these are powers granted largely to the President by the Constitution. As the Commander-in-Chief of the armed forces, the President is also considered the nation's "Chief Diplomat." In fact, given national security concerns, some defense or security related EOs (often called National Security Directives or Presidential Decision Directives) are not made public.

Contributing Author: Jeffrey C. Fox, Catawba College
    The part that will be an issue is that ITAR is related to national security. Hopefully the NRA and NSSF lobbyists are giving congressman an ear full of this.

(Delaware County)

Equating what lead to Ruby Ridge to a Gunsmith drilling and tapping a receiver is intellectually dishonest.
    Unless this ITAR crap is tied to maintaining an FFL or insurance or whatever else a Smith needs to conduct business, it is not enforceable. It's all smoke and mirrors.

I guess the end result of this will be higher prices passed onto the consumer......
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Daycrawler View Post
    I guess the end result of this will be higher prices passed onto the consumer......
    DING DING DING We have a winner!

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast