Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    (Beaver County)

Default Re: new executive order on gun control

Just one more little step toward total disarmament.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by thefirstndsecond View Post
    So is putting together your AR from parts kits acting like a gun Smith?

80% lowers?

Does me refinishing my gun stock or machining 10/22 bolts violate this?

How about pinning my mags if I move to a state with restrictions?

This shit is crazy.

There in lies the trouble. Obama conjures up an executive order with little thought as to substance or definition and the atf is supposed to arrive at a clear understanding as to the extent of enforcement. This is reminiscent of the new standards for issuance of dealers licenses via slick willy. It took a while, but the manipulations were made and zoning adjustments were realized. This current draconian order is even more far fetched.

The firearms industry including the world of aftermarket parts have become a major industry and their political influence is still great. This EO is a boondoggle that leaves more questions than answers and the enforcement of such will be strained at best.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by philadelphia patriot View Post
    If Trump gets elected, his first executive order should be to cancel out all executive orders imposed by Obama.
    Politics is chess, not checkers. I suspect he will hold that option in his back pocket in the beginning. His first priority will be getting a new SCOTUS judge nominated and approved and he definitely won't get any cooperation from Dems and I suspect even quite a few of the notoriously liberal Repubs if he puts a flamethrower to all of Obama's "gun safety" EO's right off the bat.

I think in the grand scheme of things, Trump is certainly chomping at the bit to rescind some of Obama's immigration EO's right away, but is far less enthusiastic over axing the gun control EO's.
    Last edited by TSimonetti; July 29th, 2016 at 10:58 AM.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by c45man View Post
    There in lies the trouble. Obama conjures up an executive order with little thought as to substance or definition and the atf is supposed to arrive at a clear understanding as to the extent of enforcement. This is reminiscent of the new standards for issuance of dealers licenses via slick willy. It took a while, but the manipulations were made and zoning adjustments were realized. This current draconian order is even more far fetched.

The firearms industry including the world of aftermarket parts have become a major industry and their political influence is still great. This EO is a boondoggle that leaves more questions than answers and the enforcement of such will be strained at best.
    Enforcement will come later, maybe even much later. I suspect Obama and his minions are quite satisfied that they have(at least on paper) greatly expanded the regulatory structure and laid the groundwork, so to speak, for layer upon layer upon layer of further restrictions and regulations, which combined with global "agreements" on controlling illicit arms, and perhaps even some bans under a future Dem administration, will strangle the 2nd Amendment and render it meaningless. We know that years ago, Obama told his rabid anti-gun supporters that he was "working under the radar" for gun control. This type of action and some prior similar actions are prime evidence of that.

(Lehigh County)

Here are some things folks need to realize:
    ITAR and the federal firearms regulations are two separate set of laws.
    BATFE administers and enforces the federal firearms regulations.
    ITAR is administered by the Directorate of Defense Trade Controls (DDTC) and is enforced by the FBI.
    DDTC has different definitions of manufacture than BATFE does.
    DDTC was funded through the federal budget until George Bush defunded DDTC at which point they became reliant on fees and fines for income. By including gunsmiths as manufacturers they have increased their income base and the progressives have put a new group of businesses on a legal anvil to be smashed when the time is right.

(Bucks County)

Intent has precedent. If prosecuted, point to the Hillary investigation, where intent was the fulcrum in the decision to not prosecute.
    Last edited by Bang; July 29th, 2016 at 11:11 AM.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    Intent has precedent. If prosecuted, point to the Hillary investigation, where intent was the fulcrum in the decision to not prosecute.
    I can't imagine saying "she did it too" would carry much weight with a federal judge. None of the gunsmiths that I know, including myself, have the financial ability to defend themselves in a federal court. Most would end up taking a plea deal, possibly a felony conviction and being bankrupt.

Quote Originally Posted by guncrank View Post
    I can't imagine saying "she did it too" would carry much weight with a federal judge. None of the gunsmiths that I know, including myself, have the financial ability to defend themselves in a federal court. Most would end up taking a plea deal, possibly a felony conviction and being bankrupt.
    I wonder if tar and feathers would have any effect?

It is well beyond time for we the people to reign in the unconstitutional federal government, and it isn't going to get done with votes.
    Go sell crazy some where else, we're all stocked up here.

Political power grows from the muzzle of a gun.

(Bucks County)

If you're refusing to vote for Trump, I'm disappointed. If you're voting for Hillary, you are my enemy.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ +1

(Bucks County)

Law is supposed to be evenly applied. When one is found to have had no intent and decision to not prosecute is based on that lack of intent, intent and lack of intent should be a consideration for all. It goes beyond a "she did it too". It goes to the equal justice under the law.
    Last edited by Bang; July 29th, 2016 at 02:55 PM.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast