Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CZ BREN 805

(Bucks County)

Default CZ BREN 805

I saw the CZ Bren 805 at Classic Pistol today and thought it was a neat little carbine. Very SCAR 16-ish looking but priced about 800 dollars less than the SCAR and probably a good alternative to those looking for something other than a AR15 but don't want to spend 2400 or 2500 for a SCAR. The CZ was very light, had a pencil barrel, came with iron sites, two magazines and I think the locking mechanism for the folding stock is a much better design than the SCAR locking mechanism. The CZ balances and points well but the charging handle appears to reciprocate which is one of the complaints against the SCAR. If i had 1700 bucks I might have purchased the CZ but a 1700 dollar rifle is not in my budget at this time. Cool looking weapon and I'm sure it's top quality since its a CZ.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: CZ BREN 805

Thanks for the write up! I'm interested in one of these and I shoot at Classic Pistol. Did they have the FDE one, or standard black?

(Bucks County)

The one I saw was black.

(Berks County)

(Tioga County)

At least from all reports and reviews I have seen, people like it. I would interested in one some day down the road.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
    At least from all reports and reviews I have seen, people like it. I would interested in one some day down the road.
    I know the uncertainty during an election year, but I'd hold on and see if the pistol SBR kit materializes. If that's around $200 like the Scorpion kit, you could probably get the Bren pistol, the kit, and SBR it for not much more than the carbine price.

(Clearfield County)

Quote Originally Posted by esh21167 View Post
    I know the uncertainty during an election year, but I'd hold on and see if the pistol SBR kit materializes. If that's around $200 like the Scorpion kit, you could probably get the Bren pistol, the kit, and SBR it for not much more than the carbine price.
    Keep in mind though your wait for a tax stamp is going to be pretty long, the backlog right now is horrible.

(Tioga County)

Quote Originally Posted by esh21167 View Post
    I would be happy with the carbine and 16 inch barrel. I'd like to get a Scorpion and SBR it and if I like that it will probably positively tilt me towards a Bren.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    Keep in mind though your wait for a tax stamp is going to be pretty long, the backlog right now is horrible.
    Certainly a consideration. But I think I'd rather have the pistol and wait for the stock, than have the carbine and have to cut and thread the barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
    I would be happy with the carbine and 16 inch barrel. I'd like to get a Scorpion and SBR it and if I like that it will probably positively tilt me towards a Bren.
    I can say the Scorpion is fun as a pistol, and accurate. I'll be at a 5 month wait for the stamp this week, so hopefully...

Quote Originally Posted by wellcraft View Post
    I saw the CZ Bren 805 at Classic Pistol today and thought it was a neat little carbine. Very SCAR 16-ish looking but priced about 800 dollars less than the SCAR and probably a good alternative to those looking for something other than a AR15 but don't want to spend 2400 or 2500 for a SCAR. The CZ was very light, had a pencil barrel, came with iron sites, two magazines and I think the locking mechanism for the folding stock is a much better design than the SCAR locking mechanism. The CZ balances and points well but the charging handle appears to reciprocate which is one of the complaints against the SCAR. If i had 1700 bucks I might have purchased the CZ but a 1700 dollar rifle is not in my budget at this time. Cool looking weapon and I'm sure it's top quality since its a CZ.
    It's very SCAR like because it's basically a SCAR copy, only I like it more than the SCAR. Hoping to get one before the end of the year.

Here's MAC's review

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast