Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Delaware County)

Default Pending Taurus firearms civil suit

For those who own any of the Taurus Mil Pro Series, not counting the G series, the lawsuit apparently is winding down with the final hearing scheduled yesterday. If any members have any of the effected firearms call Taurus and let them know of the firearms in question you may own. As a part of the settlement all owners are given the option to send their firearms back to Taurus, even if such firearm was purchased used. I do not know if cash back for sent in firearms is still an option, the date for cash claim may have passed. As it stands, Taurus will send a new and equivalent model to your FFL. (Probably one of the "Gs"). At any rate, by notifying Taurus will prompt a mailer be sent for return and exchange of the new model.

I called the Philadelphia law firm handling the case and they advised that information regarding the hearing will be forwarded in the first week of August. For more specific information google Taurus Firearm lawsuit and the web page of the law firm will appear and all the options afforded the owners will appear.

As we know, Taurus offers a lifetime warranty on their firearms. If any firearm involved in the suit is returned by the owner for correction, the gun will not be returned to you, instead the option for replacement will be offered at a time when all the lawyers get done dotting the I's of the final agreement. If an owner tries to order parts to fix an effected gun, the part will not be sent.. Parts are no longer be shipped to suppliers either. Even factory magazines are a choir to locate.

Default Re: Pending Taurus firearms civil suit

So what's wrong with them? I was looking to get a PT111 Millennium Pro in 9mm soon, they have excellent reviews.

Might as well save up for a CZ75 instead, will just have to wait longer.

edit:

Not on new G2 models. I was aware of the older ones failing drop tests...older LCPs were the same way. Both models are fixed.

Not every "accidental discharge" is the gun's fault...most of the time, they're actually negligent discharges.

The recall:
    http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/in...ntary_rec.html

Details on incident that spurred original lawsuit before the recall:
    http://www.gadsdentimes.com/news/20091016/boaz-man-awarded-15-million

Last edited by alpacaheat; July 19th, 2016 at 02:49 PM.