Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Question Sig Sauer P290RS Experiences?

I just recently purchased my first handgun intending it to be carried once my LTCF comes in. I purchased a very lightly used Sig Sauer P290RS from an individual and have run 300 rounds through it without any hiccups. As I'm still new to the world of handguns, I'm wondering what others experiences are with this particular handgun. I love it, it fits my hands perfectly and performs exactly how it did when I rented one. Are there any particular issues I need to look out for in the future? I just registered here, so I'm hoping this is ok to ask!

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Sig Sauer P290RS Experiences?

I have a 290 Great gun for carry, but you have to get used to that longggg trigger pull.

Smit

(Northampton County)

That is my only real complaint at this point, and the long reset. Do you carry it with the 6 or 8 rd magazine?

(Northampton County)

I normally carry a P229. But when I really need something to disappear I carry the P290 and when I carry it, I use the 6 round mag for the same reason.

Smit

(Northampton County)

May I ask what holster you use for yours? A friend recommend AlienGear but I am trying to get as much input at possible regarding this purchase.

(Cumberland County)

There was another thread on this a few months ago, might want to check it out. My only complaint is the trigger itself - not so much the pull, but the actual trigger design itself being very "hooked" and hard for me anyway to get proper finger placement.
    Welcome by the way and enjoy the new pistol.

(Northampton County)

Thanks Cruzans, I found the thread you are speaking of and got some good info. I don't mind the trigger design, I like it. Thanks for the welcome!

(Bucks County)

I like mine. It feels the most like a real gun out of all the DAO single stack mini 9mm's.

All the DAO triggers have a LOOOOOONG pull. That is in lieu of a safety. I think the little Sig has the best out of all of them. Plus with the restrike capability, you can see the hammer come back as you take up the slack in the trigger.

Its very accurate for what it is, a close up SD gun.

(Philadelphia County)

Like others have said the trigger pull is long, not a bad trigger per se, but long like a revolver. As far as reliability, as long as u have the current "RS" (re-strike) u should be G2G. My advice would be to go and shoot it and get used to the trigger pull.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by pa_miner View Post
    I just recently purchased my first handgun intending it to be carried once my LTCF comes in. I purchased a very lightly used Sig Sauer P290RS from an individual and have run 300 rounds through it without any hiccups. As I'm still new to the world of handguns, I'm wondering what others experiences are with this particular handgun. I love it, it fits my hands perfectly and performs exactly how it did when I rented one. Are there any particular issues I need to look out for in the future? I just registered here, so I'm hoping this is ok to ask!
    Getting used to the trigger and the low capacity mags are the only drawbacks in my opinion. Other than that, it is a great little pistol. Have fun!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast