Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Susquehanna County)

Default Anybody working with A#5 for .45 ACP?

I'm about ready to chew nails and spit rust! I put 10 rounds together today to test over my Chrono. After the last 3 failures with the stupid PACT XP-1 I got the infrared sky screens. Well the damn things didn't work today and only registered 2 out of the 10 shots! and those results were 40fps faster than the published max loads!

So what I have for now is a Nosler Custom Competition 185 gr. JHP ahead of 9.3 grains of A#5 loaded in Starline brass, primed with CCI LP primers. COAL is 1.205" The shots recorded 977.1 and 959.0 fps Now I'm po'd because I don't know whether to trust the data, trust the load or trust the chrono!

So how about it, anyone else working with a similar bullet with A#5? Or do I just drop the load to say 9.0 and call it good?

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

(Somerset County)

Default Re: Anybody working with A#5 for .45 ACP?

I had tried getting a load worked up with AA#5 for 230 grn Rn xtremes most of the information that i had seen said med to high end of the data, but I couldn't get a group no matter what charge I tried. I ended up switching to Unique with 6.0 grains and it shoots like a dream, also a friend uses 185 grain hp with 6.0 unique and they shoot well out of my 1911.