Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Finetuner

(Indiana County)

Default Finetuner

Finetuner is a crawfish, one of the very few crawfish I have experienced here on Poofa during my time here and all the generally great people I have dealt with over the years here.
    Finetuner is not great.

Finetuner made me an offer on a rifle I had up for sale, I agreed to his $600 lower than asking price offer of $3700.
    Then he hits me with saying I need to drive four hours to Harrisburg to meet him while he planned on driving two hours.
    I explained that he has zero posts and zero feedback and I had already given him his discount he asked for.
    So, he backs out unless I now give him another $200 off since he will have to drive to me...

So, I was asking $4300, he says he'll take it for $3700 that weekend so I agree and then after agreeing to buy demands I drive four hours to meet him in Harrisburg with my $4000 rifle when he has zero feedback and I have no idea who he is.
    But then he will make the drive, but only for another $200 discount?

IMO, he had every intention of getting me to drive four hours so he could then lowball me.
    I told another potential buyer it was sold pending and when finetuner crawfished on me I contacted the other party who had figured it was sold and bought a DSA on gunbroker.
    So I listed my rifle on gunbroker.
    It sold for $3625.
    Finetuner, being the great guy he is, sends me a PM calling me a loser since the rifle sold for $3625.

In closing, finetuner is not only a crawfish, he is also classless.
    I was going to simply forget about him until he sent his little neener neener PM.
    Beware of this "buyer" is my advice.

And for full disclosure, I called him a loser in response to his calling me one since I now have $3550 and still have another FAL, so yeah, OK...
    Last edited by 39flathead; July 14th, 2016 at 11:15 PM.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Finetuner

Fine tuner ought to be called bad signal.

Sucks when this kind of crap happens to good standing honest members.

(Indiana County)

The guy who ended up winning the rifle on Gunbroker was elated.
    The auction ended Wednesday a little after 5pm.
    I contacted him about 10pm after i got home from work with shipping info and his total shipped (Shipping ran him almost $100, something he had figured into his bid, plus he has a dealer fee of $50 and Priority mail and money order fees, so the buyer has a total of almost $3800 into the rifle and sent the payment out this morning).

So here is the winner of the rifle happier than heck to be getting a great rifle at a great price, and here comes finetuner with his neener neener "You're a loser" PM.
    Well, I have two of these rifles, I bought them in the early 90's for early 90's pricing.
    I didn't lose out on anything, finetuner did, he missed out on an unfired, new in the box true FN FALO semi-automatic rifle that was last imported in 1988 that he could have gotten for a FTF cash and carry sale.
    I'm sure the new owner is glad finetuner crawfished and I'm sure not disappointed in the selling price, sure I'd have liked to gotten more, but I can live with tripling my money in a 25 year period.

Sold finetuner some ammo, good communication, went fine.