Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Savage MK II FVSR .22

Hi All !
    This was sort of an impulse buy, but I really like this little rifle so far (still have to get an optic and shoot it...) but I really liked the the handling characteristics of this little rifle, that and the accu-trigger which seemed really smooth and light. I was at Lanco Tactical / Silencerco's suppressor shoot the other day and would love to suppress this little rifle. Anybody have any experience with these ? Are there any cool after-market accessories I should look into ?

Thanks, Cb
    Cb Μολὼν λαβέ

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Savage MK II FVSR .22

Sign up with Savage Shooters forum. They have a section devoted to that and the 17 cal version.

Depending on what you expect of a .22LR rifle, you will find it pretty accurate to incredibly accurate but it will take some work...mostly in finding what ammo it likes.
    Mine does acceptably well with the Golden Bullet so-called "brick" ammo. I tried expensive Eley and other stuff and was disappointed. It really likes standard velocity CCI. Armscore sucks big time, as does a brick of "target" loads (I forget the brand). I have mine mounted on a Boyd varminter stock. There are some tricks to be learned with this rifle. After a lot of work free-floated, I discovered it wanted to be bedded. You may be lucky and have a tack driver out of the box. Mine wasn't so easy. They all vary. For giggles, I have a very reliable old Tasco 6-18 scope on it.

See if you can read these... a lot of them posted by me as I worked on my rifle:

http://www.savageshooters.com/search...earchid=972041
    Last edited by Bang; July 12th, 2016 at 11:54 PM.

the factory stocks are disappointingly flimsly, I wish hogue made an overmolded stock for mine.

(Centre County)

I have the Mueller APT on mine after a bunch of reading on different Rimfire forums. A great scope for the money!!
    I don't watch shark week. Sharks watch FLICK week.

(Juniata County)

Rimfire Central is THE rimfire resource site you need to go and read up at. I have a Hawke 2-7x32 Mildot scope on my FVSR. I have used it and got a hit on a groundhog sized plate at 415 yards on my third shot doping wind. I shoot only subsonic in it. I have a Hawke 4-16 that may end up on it though.

I have made no changes from factory and will get .25 groups at 25, and 1.25" groups at 100 on a breeze less day. I am still learning to read wind with it though.
    Most of being smart is knowing what you are dumb at.

(Montgomery County)

I have one with a Boyd's stock and Vortex 2x7. Awesome rifle. Works great with my Sparrow.

(Lancaster County)

Thanks for the help guys !

Cb
    Cb Μολὼν λαβέ

(Butler County)

I have one. Swapped the stock for a Boyds evolution, DIP bottom metal. BSA sweet 22 scope and coastal suppressor. Sweet shooting, quiet and accurate. Groups a nickel at 50 yds.
    I'm with Bang, I tried all kinds of expensive target ammo, mine likes CCI Blazer. Lock tite the rail screws. They will come loose.

(Lancaster County)

Sighting in today... Put an NCStar 2 power scope on that I had lying around, 25 yards ( the farthest I can shoot at the moment). Tried CCI quiet (about 1/2 the noise of a regular .22 and Federal bulk "target grade performance" (the cheap stuff for semi-autos) a quarter will cover the 5 holes from either group - not bad considering the scope (the frikking Mil-Dots cover the entire red 10 ring...IMG_20160719_135030.jpgIMG_20160719_135124.jpg The target on the left was the "quiet .22"

Cb
    Cb Μολὼν λαβέ

(Butler County)

put better glass on it and you'll be using aspirins for targets.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast