Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Pokemon.

I don't even know what Pokemon is from the first time it was going around.

This new thing sounds like someone found a way to make geocaching interesting to the masses. Or not - I'm not really sure what the goal is - and I don't want to know.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

It's the most insidious communist plot ever designed.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
    Where can I find pokemon, and where else is superior. Sheetz & Mcdonalds are also know spots.
    Strip mall parking lots seem to be fairly fertile ground.

(Perry County)

My phone...

There will be no Pokemon hunting this day.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Bucks County)

(Perry County)

"A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Lancaster County)

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/11/tech/p...nts/index.html

Armed robbers use the game to lure lone players

Missouri police have reported that armed robbers are using Pokémon Go to snare victims in isolated places.
    Officers took four suspects into custody after receiving a 911 call around 2 a.m. local time Sunday morning. They later located a handgun, according to a statement from the O'Fallon police department.
    "Using the geolocation feature of the 'Pokemon Go' app the robbers were able to anticipate the location and level of seclusion of unwitting victims," officials said.
    "The way we believe it was used is you can add a beacon to a pokestop to lure more players. Apparently they were using the app to locate ppl standing around in the middle of a parking lot or whatever other location they were in," O'Fallon police posted on Facebook.
    The game allows players to drop a Lure module in a real world location to attract high numbers of Pokémon for 30 minutes. The lure modules have reportedly also been used by business owners to bring people to their stores.
    In a joint statement, the app's makers The Pokémon Company International and Niantic said they were aware of incidents involving some players.
    "We encourage all people playing Pokémon GO to be aware of their surroundings and to play with friends when going to new or unfamiliar places. Please remember to be safe and alert at all times."
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/11/tech/p...nts/index.html

Armed robbers use the game to lure lone players
    http://www.snopes.com/2016/07/10/arm...ed-pokemon-go/

Yes, it is snopes, deal with it.

A reader wrote to us to say that he was a victim of the described robbery and that the police description of the crime was inaccurate:

I am the guy who was robbed at the Pokestop at Feise and K. In the interest of objective truth, everyone is reporting this wrong. There was never any lure. I was walking down a dark street towards a slightly out of the way pokestop and I got robbed by four kids in a black BMW. Everyone is reporting this as cunning teenagers use a lure to capture unsuspecting pokemon players, and that's not quite correct.

I was walking from the Circle K at Highway K in O'Fallon and Feisy Rd to the Salt Dome when a black BMW slowly pulled up to me [and the occupants robbed me]. The police told me that they had been chasing and missing these guys all night. I called the police from inside the Circle K and the dispatcher put out an APB on a black BMW with four teenaged males. I guess they cut through the parking lot across the street from me and drove back onto highway K. I guess when the APB went out there was a police car behind them in traffic and they were all arrested within ten minutes of the robbery itself.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzywuzzy View Post
    It's the most insidious communist plot ever designed.
    I thought fluoridation was?

As to the whole Pokemon Go thing. I'm a bit torn. I think it's sad that we need a computer game to get kids to stop sitting around inside and playing computer games? I had Nintendo as a kid and it was the thing you played when it was pouring cats and dogs or in winter when it was dark allot more.

But if its something that gets kids outside and interested in the community then I guess it cant all be bad.

As for adults playing it sans kids. I think its kind of silly. Is that seriously how you want to spend your time? But that is just my opinions and I'm sure there are those who see my hobbies and interests as equally uninteresting.

Now my only gripe is people taking relatively safe thing and then applying zero common sense to it. Like riding a bike or driving while looking for pokemon or trespassing to catch them. Playing a game does not give you an excuse to not be a reasonable adult.
    Last edited by QuackXP; July 13th, 2016 at 12:30 PM.
    "No, it's just a machine. I'm the weapon." - Jack Harper in Oblivion

(Chester County)

My fiance plays it on the phone. She plays while I keep an eye out for cars, pedestrians, bikes, criminals, etc and drink coffee. We both get some exercise in.
    "The Constitution is the guide which I will not abandon.” - George Washington

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast