Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: It's Time

(Wayne County)

Default Re: It's Time

Sorry, I'll just carry as I always do. Have a friend or two that are LEO...I won't go to the range with them...did once. That was enough!
    Police response time here is 30-45 minutes...
    "When seconds count, police are only minutes away...."

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Roadking View Post
    Sorry, I'll just carry as I always do. Have a friend or two that are LEO...I won't go to the range with them...did once. That was enough!
    Thats what alot of ass wipes forget, those of us out in the sticks have no police force.

(Chester County)

Silly idea... I think LEOs need to keep their striker fired pistols holstered and use their tasers more.
    Last edited by JAKIII; July 8th, 2016 at 11:04 PM.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by Roadking View Post
    You have "one or two" LEO friends? You don't know for sure?

(Philadelphia County)

I think all of you guys need to put your ammo where your mouth is and ride along and answer calls for 8 hours in an urban environment on a hot weekend night.

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    I think all of you guys need to put your ammo where your mouth is and ride along and answer calls for 8 hours in an urban environment on a hot weekend night.
    I don't think my feelings expressed here go to far as a matter of fact I would think most Americans would feel the same way. As far as putting my ass in the back seat I have done 2 ride a longs in my lifetime both in major urban areas. My Brother was a WDC police officer for many years then transferred into Southern MD then decided to end his career early due to unexpectedly becoming a parent later on in life which happened to be a month before the Baltimore riots.

My brother in law is currently a SGT in a busy town with a good sized ghetto in NJ which houses one of the largest populations of Mexican and South American illegals. One of my closest friends just retired as a Caption from a major Police DPT NJ.

I know how hard the job can be and I have seen it change people in my own life for the worse and I admire the officers who are able to maintain themselves without becoming jaded regarded the entire population thought their career. Taking that much shit at work from all types of people and then dealing with normal life issues on top of that would have given me a heart attack within 3 months once I hit my mid 30's. I support the police and I have seen what they have to deal with on a daily basis but that still doesn't change my mind on them becoming more militarized on a normal day to day basis.
    Last edited by Hodgie; July 8th, 2016 at 09:56 PM.

People always ask me why i never smile.
    I TELL THEM IT'S BECAUSE MY CORPSE IS STILL BREATHING AND THEY DON'T FUCKING GET IT!

Quote Originally Posted by 51158 View Post
    in case you'all haven't noticed

"Announced Friday, 53 police departments around the country have signed on so far to the White House-pressed Police Data Initiative, a plan by President Obama to make crime-fighting more technology-driven and accountable to higher-ups, but that is seen by critics as a not-so-subtle federal takeover of community policing.

The program, which comes by way of a recommendation from the Task Force on 21st Century Policing that Obama launched in December – which was created by the White House in response to widely reported instances of police-community clashes and alleged cop discrimination against minorities – is aimed at enhancing “data transparency and analysis” among police departments around the nation."

apologizes about the source, I don't like going to WND either but it seems I'm getting ignored so I'm not going to invest too much time.. I'm just to damn stubborn to give up..

http://www.wnd.com/2016/04/obamas-fe...s-nationwide/#!

Thanks for the information.

I was asking my BIL this past weekend if they ever received the he Task Force on 21st Century Policing guide that came out of the White House last year and he just laughed and said Yeah right that will be the day. Right now it's most likely 56 liberal cities and towns who are volunteering to sign up but I bet it's going to come down to 100% participation and compliance in the no so near future.

(Chester County)

Seems to me when I was younger cops could carry nightsticks and blackjacks and most normal problems were resolved with a quick crack to the collar bone or kneecap. It wasn't fun, but perps didn't get killed and order was maintained. Also most cops were a pretty good size and fit back then and could hold their own in hand to hand.
    But the libs didn't like it so they took most of the less lethal stuff away. And then affirmative action resulted in some smaller and less physically capable individuals becoming cops. They now tend to go to the gun as their primary, meaning a lethal shooting is only 6 lbs away. In a tense situation, with a guy nervous to physically mix it up, that can be a bad combo.
    Seems to me that our enlightened stance has inadvertently resulted in part for the increased shootings.

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    I like you carson. I'm staying out of this one.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast